Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

my network connection only marks 100mb on the computer and my network card is 1Gb, this happens in Openwrt, in padavan with 1Gb.
Anyone else with this problem?

Guys, this topic was intended for adding support for the Xiaomi MiWiFi 3G.
Since official 18.06.1 images are available, I will set a timer for this topic to close.

Why?

Because specific problems for this device with official releases are better handled in separate topics, in order to make finding relevant information easier. Who is going to read the previous 1100-something postings, if he has a specific problem with 18.06.1 and wifi?

Therefore: Please open new topics for any open issues with this device.

2 Likes

Since official 18.06.1 images are available

this means that the wifi problem is fixed in 18.06.1?
Because if not, I would consider this as still not supported on current version.

1 Like

is this an official installation instruction?

the device page links Installation method to a doesn't exist page.

I follow the instruction from below link

https://klseet.com/267-lede/lede-miwifi/392-miwifi-3g-lede-unifi-ready

thx. that link gives me an Error 522,i'll try it later.

The official installation is on this PR: https://github.com/lede-project/source/commit/f2107fc328ff7f9817fe9ca64f84bba9e32abfc6

Installation - from stock.

Installation through telnet/ssh:
- copy lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-kernel1.bin and
  lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-rootfs0.bin to usb disk or wget it
  from LEDE download site to /tmp
- switch to /extdisks/sda1/ (if copied to USB drive) or to /tmp if
  wgetted from LEDE download site
- run: mtd write lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-kernel1.bin kernel1
- run: mtd write lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-rootfs0.bin rootfs0
- run: nvram set flag_try_sys1_failed=1
- run: nvram commit
- run: reboot
1 Like

cool,thanks.

It's not sufficient, though, because you need to obtain and flash a special firmware to get SSH access. There are instructions somewhere in this thread about how to do it. There are some in the first message in the thread, but I don't know if they work anymore. Also, be sure to make a backup of the partitions before you overwrite them.

To enable SSH:

1. Flash developer firmware from web gui, for example this: http://bigota.miwifi.com/xiaoqiang/rom/r3g/miwifi_r3g_firmware_c2175_2.25.122.bin
  2. Bind your router to your xiaomi account via Mi Wi-Fi app (android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiaomi.router)
  3. Go to this page (pay attention to the URL, it must be HTTPS not HTTP, change it manually if it revert to HTTP): https://d.miwifi.com/rom/ssh
  4. Login with your account
  5. Click on "下载工具包" button to obtain your unlock file, take note of your SSH password
  6. Rename the file to miwifi_ssh.bin
  7. Put it in your usb flashdisk (must be MBR and FAT32)
  8. Power off your router
  9. Plug in the flashdisk
  10. Press and hold the reset button
  11. Power on your router (while holding the reset button)
  12. The router's will flash LED with flash orange, release the reset button when it is flashing rapidly (and you see activity led flashing on your flashdisk if it has one)
  13. Wait until the LED turns blue
  14. The router will reboot and you can login to SSH shell with root and the provided password

And then you can proceed to flash LEDE...

1 Like

Is there a quick way to reset openwrt cfg by the reset button on this router? I had openwrt 18.06.1 up and going 20min after unboxing but it seems like enabling 5G on channel 36 stopped the router from booting. It gets as far as enabling the 2.4ghz radio but no 5Ghz radio comes up, and it's inaccessible from LAN and can't connect to the 2.4ghz radio.

@ szomi
I'm now on padavan and the wifi looks stabile since two days. Thanks for your help!

Perform a fresh install with 18.06.1, wifi 2.4ghz work better but still unstable, it may freeze for a few mintue and able to send and recevie again.

Press and hold the reset button for 5-8 seconds should do the trick.

Gentle reminder:

Guys, this topic was intended for adding support for the Xiaomi MiWiFi 3G.
Since official 18.06.1 images are available, I will set a timer for this topic to close.

Why?

Because specific problems for this device with official releases are better handled in separate topics, in order to make finding relevant information easier. Who is going to read the previous 1100-something postings, if he has a specific problem with 18.06.1 and wifi?

Therefore: Please open new topics for any open issues with this device.

1 Like

I have created a new topic for the Xiaomi 3G in a different area, focusing on talking about 18.06 and future releases.

Reference: Xiaomi Wifi Router 3G - 18.06.X / feedback and help

I welcome everyone to switch the discussion to the new topic!

Thanks

Frankly speaking, I was thinking of more specific topics, i.e.

if you have issues with wifi -> Xiaomi Wifi Router 3G - Wifi performance

if you have issues with installation -> Xiaomi Wifi Router 3G installation

A general topic like you just created will act as a collector for all kinds of issues, making it difficult for others to find answers to their specific problems.

Look at it from a new users perspective: In a general topic he has to wade through postings regarding lets say 5 different problems intermingled with each other, whereas in specific topics he (ideally) finds only postings which are relevant to his specific problems, e.g. wifi.

Anyways, I will leave it like it is now, but I hope that someday someone recognizes the advantages of separating different issues into different topics.

Enough said, now have fun with OpenWrt, the forum and your Xiaomi 3G :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally understand your point... I was thinking more of a discussion hub for owners of this router... a place where they can share feedback, ask for help, etc...
But, as you've said... let's see how it goes!
Thanks!!

1 Like

That's what this thread has already become. The problem is that if someone asks for help here or in your thread then the next person wondering about the same thing will probably not be able to find the answer because it drowns in the 1000+ other messages. If it's asked in a separate thread then Google will index it more clearly, and if someone doesn't find it and asks again then others can link to the first thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.