Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G V2

Is it just me or does anybody have the same MAC address for both interfaces?

This is on compiles from Git Master branch but it might be the same on nightly snapshots.

I didn't notice this before as I have mine setup as a simple AP atm so I'm not sure when this happened.

eth0.1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr EC:41:18:C4:79:0C  
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:66389 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:16096 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:3989289 (3.8 MiB)  TX bytes:9822283 (9.3 MiB)

eth0.2    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr EC:41:18:C4:79:0C  
          inet6 addr: fe80::ee41:18ff:fec4:790c/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:11358 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:3830749 (3.6 MiB)

mac

Solved: A reset solved the issue.

New build from OpenWRT master branch.

DNScrypt-Proxy has been removed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VafI6QbULi5tM8siIFj0uucBRNhiAd-A

2 Likes

after digging through the forum, finally I can flash openwrt on my miwifi 4a with @Gingernut image.

just one question,
how my wifi signal weaker than stock fw?
the differences about 3-5dbi weaker both frequencies. 'wall penetration mode' in stock fw helped me alot.

I had tried several configs: wifi power, wifi channel width etc, none worked. am I missing something in process?

1. Because stock firmware uses the original proprietary driver.

2. The "wall penetration" mode is most likely a combination of 20 MHz bandwidth and high tx power.

Okay, thanks for explanation.

I wonder if I can use stock driver with Openwrt build.

I wonder if I can use stock driver with Openwrt build.

Probably if you compile it yourself? See this: MT76 precompiled drivers (mediatek wifi is useless in MT7628)

1 Like

mines different. My lan's MAC is EC:41:18:C8:D4:2C and my WAN's MAC is EC:41:18:C8:D4:2D. Thanks for the new build appreciate it :smiley:

I need the original stock ROM in order to TFTP recovery my R3Gv2. I have managed to send the test.bin file that it's requesting but it doesn't seem to be flashing it and I think it's because I'm not sending the right rom. I tried with the original stock rom for R4AG, I also tried with the OpenWrt snapshot and the R3Gv1 stock rom but none of them seem to work.
Does anybody know where can I find the original stock rom for the R3Gv2?

I posted mine in this very thread:

Restore with SPI flasher.

Don't forget to change the MAC Addresses according to your router too (there's a MAC address listed on the label in the back of your router):

2 Likes

Thank you, I tried with the dump you provided by it doesn´t work either, it fails to check the image file... Any ideas?

Fom the image above, did you tried to restore that with TFTP?

My image is from an SPI dump, so if you want to use it, you will need an SPI programmer/flasher.

2 Likes

Just FYI.
To get access to the original web interface of R3G v2 isn't necessary to install the mobile app and register on the Xiaomi web site.
Once you set up the password for the WiFi you did it for the admin account too. So just go to 192.168.31.1 and enter that password on the welcome page and it lets you in and you can copy the stock number. If you suppose to use the router with the default firmware do not forget to change the passwords for the both WiFi channels otherwise you get your device vulnerable.
Likely it might work for other Xiaomi routers as well.

Can this dump file be used for xiaomi router 4A Gigabite version?

There is a report from @Double-G up there in this thread that done it, and his router is now identified as r3g v2, not 4a gigabit edition.

Still, you should back up your chip before restoring mine.

===========

Bisa, di atas ada yang laporan flash ke router-nya, tapi jadi terbaca r3g v2, bukan 4a gigabit edition lagi.

Tapi tetap saya sarankan buat backup router-nya sebelum flash punya saya...

@abdulaziz.amar Are u sure that this contains the openwrt dump? :S

I only see stock and edited.

It's the original firmware, not openwrt.

You can flash openwrt via TFTP after flashing that backup.

Or you can just follow this method and not using my backup.

I only post it just in case somebody bricked their router and need a full SPI backup.

Is it possible to install luci on the R3Gv2? I've tried but I get a version mismatsch for the kernel.

Yes, you just need to update to the latest snapshot.

1 Like

Which one? I downloaded the sysupgrade image from here ( Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (4A Gigabit / R3Gv2)). When I try to flash it I get:

Device xiaomi,mir3g-v2 not supported by this image
Supported devices: xiaomi,mir3g-v2 - Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA

And I see the snapshot table at the R3G site for v2 is empty. Should I use the v1 binary?

The images were renamed some days ago, so thats why there are no working links in the wiki pages.

Use this link for the sysupgrade snapshot:
https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mi-router-3g-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

1 Like