Xiaomi Wifi R3P pro - 19.07.x / Permanent Wifi clients unreachable after 1 day

Hello! I think I have detected the problem. Is related to WPA Group Rekey Interval. I observed that the unreacheable host problem started at the moment when the log indicated that the rekey had been executed. I changed the Time interval for rekeying GTK parameter to 0 so that the private key will not be valued and it has not failed again, although it is true that the wifi is now a little less secure. As soon as I can I will try to post the bug to see if a solution can be found.

2 Likes

Anny news, is it still working with your settings?

Everything is still ok. It has been running for 7 days without appearing in trouble again.

1 Like

Hi,

I discovered this bug today.
I'm using a Xiaomi R3P too and even if I don't have the problem in IPv4 mode I have it with IPv6.

Router-advertisement does not work after GTK rekeying delay...
The only way to get it work again is to restart wifi (wifi down / wifi).

Clearly not a solution and disabling this parameter or putting a high value is not perfect neither...

Hope we could get a fix.
I'll try to open an issue.

Edit : already exists : https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2791

@thorsten97 @SilverSt @Cryptage did you guys ever fix this? Did the new versions had this fixed?

I reverted back to original firmware long ago because of this bug and would like to go back to openwrt but it seems like this issue is still not fixed?

I also found someone having this issue but the person was using a nas device/server

This problem has been solved?

Hi.
For me problem is finally fixed in 21.02rc3. No wifi issues for 2 weeks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.