Xiaomi R3P Pro Installation Issue

Hello everyone,

I have exactly the same issue as described here in this topic: Xiaomi Router PRO Installation Issue

Downloaded the SSH-ROM and OpenWRT firmware files, registered the router with a Xiaomi account, got the SSH password (scary), created USB-sticks in various formats (USB3.0, USB2.0, FAT16, FAT32) and combinations but it seems as if the Xiaomi R3P doesn't boot from those. When pressing and holding the reset button until the orange light flashes, it changes to solid orange, then flashes again a few times and after 2-3mins it's back to light blue and my previously configured SSID comes back up.
I cannot reach the access point through 192.168.31.1 and listening via tcpdump on the WAN ethernet port or any of the other switchports on the router doesn't reveal a thing...

I also played around with enabling or disabling USB3.0 mode via the MIWIFI app. Doesn't seem to change anything.

I would really like to avoid soldering. Is there anything I might have missed? Anything I can double-check again? Or any step I might have forgotten?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Xiaomi Router PRO Installation Issue