Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

When are you planning to make New build?

if you want the latest snapshot you can get it on the R3GV2 support thread its the same one.

Which file is suitable for firmware via Breed:
xiaomi_mir3g-v2-initramfs-kernel.bin
xiaomi_mir3g-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
?

depends, are you installing fresh? or you already installed it?

I have a Breed v1.1 and Padavan firmware now. I need openwrt for wireguard connection.

Initramfs is just a temp flash until a reboot so I would say sysupgrade.bin

I tried to flash xiaomi_mir3g-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and your firmware openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mir4a-gigabit-squashfs-sysupgrade-15-10-19.bin through Breed,
but the router does not start.
full dump Padavan work excellent.
Palease give instructions on how to flash. Thank you!

I think there is a problem with breed, probably because it's not officially for this device, saw it reported once already.

someone had uboot?

fyi

Native uboot?Can i directly flash openwrt?

This is my uboot partiton backup.

anyone here experiencing drops from Wifi? specifically the 2.4 ghz one.

@rogerpueyo Hi, i have a problem, my dump of SPI was corruped (shame on me) and i think i nuked the bootloader, , R4A show only a blank led, how can i fix it? someone could help me?

the blank led usually means in my experience is that the chip is empty. It happened to me when my SPI chip was done erasing my chip then when it proceeded to write on it, it disconnected because of the lack of power my USB Port 3 is giving to it. How did you know that your dump was corrupted??

TL;DR: It won't be possible to install custom firmware w/o hardware manipulations, right?

At this moment in time, yes.

Don't use breed bootloader for this router - breed is not optimizing for this hw - has wrong build partition table - is good for padavan, not for openwrt :).
Breed is only helpes for backup eeprom partiton (art) :slight_smile:
I now working for uboot mod for this model with simple web console.
For now in test i can upload uboot and firmware file with success.
Both files get from backup page from luci ( openwrt 19.7 xiaomi 4a version ).
If any test pass I share this uboot mod :slight_smile:

I had read that somewhere.