Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

Hi @araujorm , do you have a clean building, without additional applications.?
thanks.

I haven't done any but it's pretty easy for me to do one if you want.

Note that certain packages won't be installable from the repos if they depend on the kernel signature that is pretty much unique for every build, like openvpn (since it depends on ssl libraries built in the kernel) or wireguard. Do you want me to include those?

Alternatively you can install a VM with Linux and clone my repo and build yours at your taste... tell me what you prefer.

OK, maybe some time later, I will try to build my own based on your repo, although I am still unfamiliar in that regard.

And one more, i got a bug from your build, my device if i turn it off then i turn on then the dhcp client doesn't work. My computer's Ethernet is not getting an IP address (unidentified network). Previously I thought this was a problem with my cable or laptop, but after I replaced the cable and tried with another computer, it turned out that the incident repeated.

thanks

can we install for wifi client security EAP-PEAP on this build?

What build you guys with PPPoE gigabit have?
I've tried @Byte, @araujorm and cannot max gigabit connection with HW offload ON.
However, for me @araujorm (sha256:c97abdb078f9237e1a8afda5d46306c07eb083574df2199096f09ae9a0baa0e0) is way faster with HW nat ~860mbps while @Byte is slower.
I have left to test official snapshot and @Zorro, after I do a full flashrom dump to avoid brick.
cannot offer feedback for @araujorm WIFI drivers

@jekseparo sorry but I can't be of much help there since I don't use my router for DHCP, but others seem to have it working. Does it happen with other builds too?

@joedotnet for that I think you need the package wpad-full, default builds include the wpad-medium or mini variants. Try installing wpad-full full with opkg and see if it works, or else you will need to build your own image with support for it.

@read my tests with ethernet performance with this router vary but I never passed the 800-ish Mbit/s with it. Usually the performance is below that when testing with iperf3 (with and without -R) running via SSH to the router. I think the CPU ends up being the bottleneck, but don't take that for granted. It could be interesting to see if with stock firmware or master (kernel 5 based) openwrt snapshots is better (I can't do these tests myself since my router is in "production" and my "costumers" here at home will kick me if I mess with it and take it offline for too long...)

thanks for the build
I flashed @Byte @Zorro and yours, and from all current 3, best "near-gigabit" (HW offload ON) speed for my PPPoE is still your build: sha256:c97abdb078f9237e1a8afda5d46306c07eb083574df2199096f09ae9a0baa0e0
will test snapshot and report back

Hi

I am trying to find the original rom for the 3gv2 but the usual link are not working for me.
I am trying to debrick the router.

Can someone point me to a original rom that work with the 3gv2?

I am posting on this thread because look very active. Already thank you

in repo no wpad event one
googling wpad-full i can't find it.
can you point me
or you can insert this wpad-full on your build. thanks

I think its just called wpad you can find it under software (after updating the list) or ssh:
opkg update
opkg install wpad

You can find the link in description of this video, its in the folder and is called test.bin, the 3gv2 is the same as the 4A.

1 Like

This is specifically for your build, for other builds there is no problem. it looks like your build has a problem with the dhcp distribution package.

I'm currently using this firmware on my Gigabit router: http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mir3g-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

I got a kernel error during openvpn-openssl installation. If I run the command with --force-depends I'm still having a kernel error but openvpn-openssl seem to be installed in luCI. Unfortunately I can't auth to my vpn because tun0 is not working properly.

Do you think you can build one firmware with luCI + OpenVPN ready to use ? I don't need additional apps.

Thanks

I tried the procedure described at the video. Already in advance thank you.

But It looks that upload the files , blink in purple light but never gets blue. I wait already one time 30 minutes.

Any ideias what i am doing wrong ?
Any other suggestion ?

Hi together,

today i tried to flash a snapshot build over LuCi but it seem it failed. When connecting the serial console i just get output flood like following: 115200 8n1 baud is set.

I already tried to debrick via TinyPXE. The LEDs are showing normal link activity like everything is up properly but i could not access via default 192.168.1.1 ip. I dont know what this is strange with the serial console. Normally i got readable output when booting and could login via console.

I appreciate any thoughts.
Best regards,
Sebastian

Edit: Okay i see test.bin from TinyPXE is booting up with 192.168.31.1 and is original Firmware not OpenWRT :slight_smile: Let's start from scratch..

1 Like

@ruisantox
See what version of firmware you have and compare with the following list :

1)2.28.8 this is R3GV2 purely chinese.

2)2.28.62 is the R4A Giga Version with chinese firmware.

3)2.28.132 is an R4A Giga Version with a global firmware.

if you have R3GV2 you can't debrick your router by using R4A Giga version firmware,it won't boot.

1 Like

After leaving it for that amount of time reboot it and hopefully it will be debricked. You should then be back to the standard IP of 192.168.31.1 (Remeber to unset your IP from 192.168.1.2 or set back to dhcp).

@Zorro Tks for the support.

I am not sure what was the version before I brick it.

I have a the back a sticker saying R3Gv2 and yes was purely in chinese.

My problem now is a do not have the original firmware to put it back using TinyPXE

@hoddy I basically tried all of test.bin and test4.bin but none was accepted.

So now i am confused how can i debrick R3GV2?

BR Tks