Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

Sorry for the inconvinience.My intention was nothing like that.For future would be more careful.

3 Likes

Deleted my previous post we do not talk/support about other firmware here in openwrt forum ...but will send you a pm where to get latest padavan updates.

it's the same file . just uploaded the original file for you ,working for me without any problem

1 Like

Unfortunately, it happened again for me. Another Android based device lost it's service.

1 Like

Okay, I changed it too and I'll be back with the results after 24 hours.

Thanks

------------EDIT----------------

With 9999999 things got even worse but when I tried 0 I saw "some" progress. Only one device (smart-tv) did it

option max_inactivity '0'
	option wpa_group_rekey '0'

Maybe we have some progress with the new version from @Zorro

1 Like

@hoddy @arutharen @galotzas @raytedjaja

New openwrt build try it.
https://anonfile.com/D7Y5V21fo9/mir3g-v2_owrt_19.07.3_zip

Kernel version:4.14.180

Firmware Version:OpenWrt 19.07.3 r11063-85e04e9f46 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.136.49537-fb2f363

6 Likes

pure stock?

1 Like

What improvements?

somehow i was unable to connect my mir4a to internet. no matter what i configured :frowning:

It's difficult to troubleshoot these things with little infomation but I would suggest you look at how your firewall and interfaces are setup. I would start by disabling your firewall (very temporarily) to see if it is causing your conectivity issues and work from there.

1 Like

I dont know if there's anything specific to our routers but general bug fixes within OpenWrt:
https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/notes-19.07.3
Seem's very stable to me so far and upgrade was painless.

1 Like

@hoddy @Zorro Is it safe to flash via Luci's interface or should i use the scripts to flash the image?

1 Like

@hoddy does it come with kernel 5 already? can you use vlans?

I used Luci and found no problems at all, even kept config perfectly.

2 Likes

Kernal Version 4.14.180 and yes VLANs are setable, i did change the theme but:

1 Like

yes, it's almost stock.but you can try to install the packages you need with this build ...

3 Likes

Hi @Zorro. Can you make a guide on how to compile 19.07.3 for our device? I've successfully compiled and flashed snapshot but was having issues with non intel wifi cards connecting to 2.4ghz. I want to compile my own image so I can add tweaks if I need. Thanks.

Hi is everybody experiencing this or is it only me?

I cannot download 4A 100m and 4A Gigabit stock firmwares [chinese]

There's a copy of the stock chinese firmware (for 4A gigabit only) at the openWRTInvsaion Repo. Find it in firmware.

2 Likes

With a recent OpenWRT build my VLAN tagging seems to be completely broken. I had to reconfigure my access points due to DSA, but it works extremely unreliable

Usually I have lan1.20 to MyWifi and lan1.30 to GuestWifi. lan2 is untagged and is bridged with lan1.20.

With the old swconfig everything worked perfectly and now it doesn't work at all.

Do they actually want to ship something this broken with the next major OpenWRT release? How can I get rid of DSA?

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed at myself, that it took me several hours to figure out, why my whole network started to act up. If there is any way to get DSA working, I'd prefer that.

Edit2: My problems seem to be related to this: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2942