Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

For me i had to reflash the original chip data back with the CH341, ive never had that issue with the OpenWRTInvasion method and not been able to gey it into recovery, its possible that because you tried to use the stock firmware for the 4A it could have caused you in issue im guessing?

Exactly I went back to stock by means of a backup, which I publicly zorro, using scrips

As far as I'm aware all versions are currently exploitable, I don't think we've seen a version that isn't yet.

To be honest with you I'm struggling hopefully others have suggestions. Is the router providing you DHCP? So with your IP on your PC set to automatic and in command prompt typing "ipconfig" does it show you have an IP and/or gateway?

yes

Connection specific DNS suffix. . :
Link: local IPv6 address. . . : fe80 :: f163: 124e: 6ecc: 7f2b%
Automatic configuration IPv4 address: 169.254.127.43
Subnet mask. . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway. . . . . :

It seems all has gone ok

Router IP address: 192.168.1.91
stok: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
router_ip_address: 192.168.1.91
stok: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
start uploading config file...
start exec command...
done! Now you can connect to the router using telnet (user: root, password: none)
In MacOS, execute in the terminal:
telnet 192.168.1.91

But then telnet does not work (and also FTP doesn't)

vittorio@vittorio-Notebook ~/OpenWRTInvasion $ telnet 192.168.1.91
Trying 192.168.1.91...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

I've retried the exploit and rebooted copying the new stok.
What can I check?

Thanks

Hmmm that's probably not given via DHCP so would say it's not working. When you tried the debrick method, I know the light didn't flash but did you get anything in the log saying that something tried to connect?

As per the video, try run the exploit again. If that fails try reboot the router and run again (but remember that if you reboot the router it will can't your Stok code so you will need to relogin and copy the new one)

already done at least three times as below
exploit->exploit again->reboot and get new stok and repeat all three times

1 Like

get the data when I don't set the IP on the PC, when I put a fixed IP it stops generating that data

Try the method described here with that software, I always found bootp buggy. Also unplug the rest of the network if you have anything else on it

That normally cures the issue, what OS are you using do you have anything firewalls outgoing?

@morhimi did you have any similar issues?

I've been testing for more than 2 hours without existing so far

when the IP of the ethernet in the PC changes, it stops generating the data of the previous picture

Sorry I ment to post the link, try this method:

I'm on a laptop with Linux Mint
The Xiaomi router is connected via WAN to a Fritz 7590 (no firewall) and the laptop is connected to the Xiaomi router via wireless and internet access works fine.

I have AdGuard on my network, but I've disabled during exploit and trying telnet

The only thing that is different from how I've done it successfully in the past is that I've never done the exploit via wireless, try plugging into one of the LAN ports with your laptop and see if that works?

Don't know why, but if I connect wired, I loose internet connection, even if WAN is still connected to main router.
Xiaomi router is set as wired repeater

I already tried it, the same without success

I'm sorry then, I'll have a think but hopefully someone else has some ideas. My final suggestion would be to get a CH341 and reflash the chip with a known working firmware for your exact model

2 Likes

That would be my last chance.

I will try to reset the router and start from scratch...

Thanks!!!

1 Like