Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

just type the command,

any solution for this issue?

Why would I need avahi or udp-proxy when all devices are on the same LAN-bridge. Some are conneced on lan and some on wlan, yes - but I expect the device to bridge and convert mutlicast automatically.
With the snapshots earliert than 21.02. RC3 discovering the echo-devices from spotify did work just fine. What has changed?

I remember that there was a bug with igmp-forwarding in the mt76xx-switch-chip from one lan port to another and one had to put each of them in a separate vlan and bridge them together. Could the problem be related to this issue?

All you can do is set the wireless to auto channel (give a few minutes to find a good channel), country to your country code and leave at that.

if your wireless disconnects, use wireless-schedule in the repo to start and stop the wireless when not needed or a custom script to monitor connection and restart if need be.

I would report this issue to the openwrt github repo, as its RC release there will be issue or mistakes from the dev team, im just a contributer nothing more.

1 Like

Ok noted
Now is showing all channel

Thanks

Problem does not occur on TL-WPA8630Pv1 which is QCA-based running 21.02.0RC4, so the problem seems to be MT7xxx related.
Maybe it is due to the lack of igmp-snopping support in hardware of the MT7530-switch? See (1) and (2)]

1 Like

have you already tried?
option disassoc_low_ack '0'
(option is also available in Luci, in the wifi advanced tab)

As explained at IGMP Snooping and DSA - #4 by LGA1150 , IGMP-snooping now works with DSA on MT7530 aka Mi Router 4G's Switch.

The question remains: why is the discovery of Alexa devices now broken?

UPDATE:

The problem was related to a broken umdns-daemon in connection with seccomp.
I discovered the root cause when my dawn-daemon couldn't see other dawn-nodes on the same network.
Errormessage was: daemon.err dawn[x]: Failed to look up test object for umdns

The workaround listed on https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3355 works:

cd /etc/seccomp
mv umdns.json umdns1.json
sync
/etc/init.d/umdns restart 

After applying the fix to my Mi Router 4a Gigabit Edition and rebooting the router, my Echo-speakers were visible in Spotify again and the Sonos-app found the Sonos-speakers again.

Can I update to [Updated to v19.07.8 stable release upstream] https://gitlab.com/db260179/xiaomi-m4a/-/releases from version snapshot acecilia?

You can downgrade from snapshot versions, but config will not be preserved and will get a warning when attempting to upgrade - you will need to force upgrade, but take a note of config you have, as you will need to manually change again.

Hi guys,

is wireguard working fine for you on v19.07.8? For me it's not working - it cannot send back packets, handshake cannot complete. Previously it was fine...

It seems this is fixed in RC3, I saw another user mention it. Currently happy with it.

Apparantely I hit known bug. After rollback from this soft, wireguard works without changing any config.

Is there a way to upgrade from OpenWrt 19.07-SNAPSHOT r11295-365d573af4 and keep all your settings?

Yes, just save your config System>Backup>Generate Archive and it will generate all of your configurations and use the config and upload it to your new firmware but I recommend to recreate a new config for the latest firmare like RC4

Hey folks,
21.02.0 first stable release is rolling out. Enjoy!

21.02.0 Download
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0/

21.02.0 Release Notes

21.02.0 Change Log
https://openwrt.org/releases/21.02/changelog-21.02.0

21.02 Roadmap and Release Goals

3 Likes

Finally!,Going to test it in my day off

Downloaded this image and before upgrade it promped:

Device xiaomi,mir4ag not supported by this image Supported devices: xiaomi,mi-router-4a-gigabit - Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA Image check failed.
The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Should I proceeed by choosing "force upgrade"? I'm on 19.07.8.

Yes, but you should not keep your config. Cheers.

2 Likes

Hello,after Uprading my Mi router 4AGE from 19.07.8 to official 21.02 My PC can't access through internet even in 5G/AC WiFi network,after rebooting it the internet is back but if i reboot it again the internet access is gone again,what should I do?This never happens in 19.07.8