Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

Hi.

I cannot download the debrick files from
https://hoddysguides.com/xiaomi-debrick-tools-all.

It says:
"Due to high numbers of downloads we require all user to register for downloads,
please head to the registration page to continue."

I also cannot register.

What should i do?

Juliano

download from zorro link Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion - #678 by Zorro

Does anyone know if 4AG SU-MIMO or MU-MIMO (for respective radio modules)?

It's not MU-MIMO based on their website

I tried Snapshot 21.02 in my Mi Router 4AGE and the WiFi speeds there sucks,I did a bunch of speed test the Packet loss is insane 5%-20% and the download and upload speed is so bad, my customized Regular Snapshot build and db260179's build is so stable when it comes to WiFi 0% Packet loss all the time,and i figured out why I'm having memory leaks and that is because of Relayd(WiFi Bridge) I wonder why that happens but i tried it on latest build of db260179's it's still memory leaks too but without Relayd memory leak is gone same with regular snapshot

I'm configuring a few R4AG devices as "dumb" AP and ran into a possible problem related to the physical ethernet ports (lan1/lan2), see Mi R4AG as AP, bridge on lan2+wan.3 (VLAN), dumb switch on lan2 -> no traffic for a description. It is unclear whether this is a problem with my config or with the way the ethernet ports are handled on this device but given the fact that this might be of interest here I'll just mention the essentials: I'm running into problems related to a bridge between a vlan on wan and one of the lan ports (wan.3 bridged with lan2, see the linked thread for more info).

The R4AG runs openwrt-21.02-snapshot-r15870-e4d061cd1a

I also use 2 of them with the snapshot builds..

I deleted all network interfaces and created 1 new one ,a bridge over lan1,lan2,wan, radio1 and radio2
This interface has a fixed ip and has an alias with dhcp6 client.

Then it's just a dumb ap, bridged over all interfaces.

The switch doesn't look to support vlans in the snapshot build,so maybe that's the cause of your issues..

Hm, that would explain things, yes. The switch is only involved in the ipcam and iot networks since the others (LAN, GUEST and SNIGEL - the latter being the Swedish word for "slug" (the slimy critter) and referring to an open access network which runs at ~1Mbit/s for those poor souls who happen by my farm in want of some WiFi). Those vlans work fine, the trunk port (wan.1 to wan.5) works fine. I'll have a look at the source, maybe I'll find some enlightenment there.

...then again (after looking at DSA-related things), the fact remains that I'm not actually using or changing vlans on the ethernet ports, these are used untagged in their default settings to connect to external "dumb" switches. Software vlan on wan works, the lan ports work as well, the problem lies in the inability to get traffic to flow over a bridge with a tagged wan.3 on one side and a default lan2 on the other.

...then again... it works in "stable" builds:

* Cause and workaround *

These problems do not exist in "stable" builds running the 4.x kernel (before the switch to the DSA switch driver), things work as expected there. A workaround is to use one of these builds while DSA support is not yet complete on this hardware.

Thanks @yhudit

To back to stock I can use this method too?
Or there is a better way?

Juliano

Yes you can back to stock firmware with those method and with mi wifi repair on this link Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion - #747 by Zorro

Thanks.

There is a firmware for global version?
Can i dump it from my router?

Thanks.
Juliano

maybe you can check fron this link https://github.com/acecilia/OpenWRTInvasion

Hi guys, I'm completely new to OpenWRT and am very interested in the firmware. I'd like to ask if the latest stable OpenWRT firmware will offer better wifi signal (by manually raising the transmit power) and therefore, better wifi speed?

no stable version yet sir, low power db gives you smaller coverage but gives you better speed wifi transmit, high power db gives you wider coverage but maybe lack off speed and transmit

hello there, I just read about the recommended fix for memory leaks on mt76 wifi drivers you have there. unfortunately im running a 100M version of the router, if you dont mind, can you compile a package that works for the 100M version as well, im running a 19.07.7 and it still having the same memory leaks and its much worse for 100M since it only had 64megs of RAM and it crashes like within a 2-3 day (7-9days if lucky).

Hi,

The router (4A Gigabit) is crashing for me regularly, using build v1.5.2 by db260179

It reboots automatically.

I'm trying to find out more

I am testing OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT r15877-7e1ab3b746 in my 4AGE
And it seems that the autodetection of the link speed does not work yet, on a four-core 100Mb cable 1000Mb is connected.

mt7530 mdio-bus:1f wan (uninitialized): PHY [dsa-0.0:04] driver [Generic PHY]
mt7530 mdio-bus:1f wan: configuring for phy/gmii link mode
mt7530 mdio-bus:1f wan: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off

And the link doesn't work.
This is probably due to the work on DSA, and forced gigabit speed in code.
On the stock firmware, everything works fine and it is possible to specify 100/1000

I have a Gigabit Edition.

From what I understand so far, there is no dedicated stable firmware version for it yet, only the snapshots, is it?

This hardware accepts the R3GV2 firmware, which is stable (downloads.openwrt.org/releases/). Does it need any twitch/patch for the bootloader, or it works "right off the bat"?

Is anyone here tried compiling v2ray in our router?

No official stable release, but unofficial release - https://gitlab.com/db260179/xiaomi-m4a
Based on the current V19.07.7 version. Its been fixed now to allow to use the official repo software and kernel modules.

Unfortunately for this model there is the Chinese version = U-boot boot loader which my version supports fully (as i own one of these devices), and then there is the Global version which has the Breed Bootloader. In theory the breed bootloader version should work just fine with my stable release version. Only owners of these versions can confirm.

The Breed bootloader is easier to recover as its has a built in web server recovery process.
The U-Boot version is a bit trickier and requires the hoddys recover video to watch (as above in this thread)

As we are not installing a new bootloader, the bricked status is only soft brick, so can be recovered, via software procedure or using a serial TTL usb cable.

1 Like