Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

hello,

I'm using version 5.10-backports and I have a problem using the pppoe protocol: the router restarts frequently and randomly.

I have a feeling it might be something related to ipv6, but I'm not sure.

When I use DHCP on the wan port everything works properly.

Has anyone had this problem?

Regards

Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 - For Developers - OpenWrt Forum

Go there.

Your DHCP6 idea might be right.

I had some intractable reboot problems as well.

Right now, these routers are stable as a rock.

They do, however, reboot every 8 hours on my devices on a schedule.

user@hostname:~# crontab -l
# * * * * * command to execute
# | | | | |
# | | | | ----- Day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday =0)
# | | | ------- Month (1 - 12)
# | | --------- Day (1 - 31)
# | ----------- Hour (0 - 23)
# | ----------- Minute (0 - 59)
# Reboot every day at 04:11
# Note: To avoid infinite reboot loop, do not reboot sooner than
# 15 minutes after the last reboot.
11 4,12,20 * * * if [ ! $(find /etc/preventRebootLoop -mmin -15) ]; then touch /etc/preventRebootLoop && reboot; fi
# crontab must end on newline or comment

These run two 6ccdf91 and one 456cbdf releases from robimarko's repo (the last one I'm not even sure is actually true, but it works,so far).
This crontab entry will not prevent random OOM reboots. In my observations the clock on these devices can be very far off before they get network connection to sync with ntp.

There is one page in the wiki with a proposition that deals with this potential problem: OpenWrt will apparently (on boot) reset the clock to the most recent entry in /etc/ before it has any network connections (i.e. ntp).

If you do this in crontab, it might help:
* * * * * touch /etc/banner
The file "/etc/banner" should exist on all OpenWRT devices, if you "touch" it every minute, it should change it's "last modified" time to the current timestamp.

If you try this and it helps, please let me know. If it doesn't please let me know, too.

Is this with luci?

Yes, this image contains LuCI :slight_smile:

Hello!

I have just signed in this forum to thank your information!

I bought the AX3600 because i read about the TX power, however, after permanent SSH activation and change the power to 1000 mW (30 dBm) i didn't notice very change... But it's ok.

But when i saw that port forwarding was not working, i thought in send the router back to Amazon.

But i tried your "ifconfig br-lan promisc" in the /etc/rc.local, after reboot, port forwarding was not working, BUT i just activated " Smart QoS bandwidth allocation" and VOILA!! working!!

Thaaaaanks a lot!

1 Like

Yup, in stock firmware you should set the bandwidth in QOS and then ifconfig to make the port forwarding work :smile: the stock firmware so stupid :joy::joy: but in my case, I just have to set ifconfig in rc.local then reboot the router and don’t need to active QOsS. Did you reboot the router after set ifconfig?

Yes! I reboot the router after set ifconfig, but port forwarding was still not working, so, i tried to activate the QoS just to try, and WORKS!

As i said, i bought this router thinking that it as gonna cover all my house (2 story house) but at the higher one, the signal is very poor, so i'll use another router to repeat the signal.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I don't succeed to install OpenWRT on my AX3600. Two times I tried two times it failed...

After falshing the other patition with the ubi file compiled, I have rebooted the router and the network cards stay down ( no blink led).

here is the command I used :

git clone -b ipq807x-5.15 https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt.git
** cd openwrt/ && ./scripts/feeds update**
** ./scripts/feeds install -a**
** make menuconfig**
** make**

In the make menuconfig I have selected :

Target systems --> Qualcomm Atheros IPQ807x
Target Profile --> Xiaomi AX3600
Extra-Packages --> nginx, nginx-mod-luci-ssl, nginx-utils

and that's all.

After compilation done I have transferred to the AX3600 the ubi file generated under : openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-ipq807x_generic/tmp/openwrt-ipq807x-generic-xiaomi_ax3600-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi

Launched these commands :

nvram get flag_boot_rootfs --> returned me "0"
ubiformat /dev/mtd13 -f /tmp/openwrt-ipq807x-generic-xiaomi_ax3600-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi -s 2048 -O 2048
nvram set flag_last_success=1
nvram set flag_boot_rootfs=1
nvram commit
reboot

Second time I tried to flash I have added these two commands found in a Youtube video but not better :
nvram set uart_en=1
nvram set boot_wait=on

After that I have no link on all ports, unique solution is to do a TFTP recovery and come back to sotkc firmware...

What I am doing wrong? Please help me :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help !

Have you tried enabling kmod-qca-nss-dp? If memory serves me right, wired networking may not work without that module.

1 Like

nope, thanks for the help, I will try :slight_smile:

But why it's not mentionned in the documenation? https://openwrt.org/inbox/toh/xiaomi/xiaomi_ax3600

It's the first time I have compiled something, i'm pretty new on this part :slight_smile:

Hi!
This is not the OpenWrt thread, you may want to read this post where I wrote the 3 packages I needed to add to fix my connectivity issues.
I'm just a newbie too, but there we can read all what's being discussed and tested.
Also you can try Robimarko's pre compiled builds, if you don't need specific packages:

Thank you I will read that :wink:

Fortunately with the @vit0r reply, I succeed the installation of OpenWRT :slight_smile:

Now I have to familiarize myself with the interface.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have succesfully installed the Robimarko's release given by @cjom and everything work well. Bye bye ISP router :slight_smile:

No I have one more "problem". I want to install and configure wireguard but when I try to install the luci-app-wireguard package, it says that a dependency package is missing (kmod-wireguard).

I have tried directly through SSH but same result.

I have searched over internet and the forum and i have found that wireguard is now included in the kernel. Is there any other way to configure wireguard ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have a nice day.

Romain

Did you change to "ipq807x-5.15" branch with command "git checkout ipq807x-5.15" ?
If yes and still not automatically selected, you can go to kernel modules section and select that file.

I also had to add this"kmod-qca-nss-dp" and from other sections (firmware, utilities?):
"nss-firmware-ipq8074", and "qca-ssdk-shell"

1 Like

If you need to install additional kernel modules (such as wireguard), you will have to build your own firmware from source. The CI generated images are very vanilla, only defaults + luci, anything beyond that needs to be compiled in addition (pure userspace packages tend to work, but kernel modules don't, they must match the running kernel exactly).

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you both for helping me.

I have directly cloned the "ipq807x-5.15" branch by running this command : git clone -b ipq807x-5.15 https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt.git

Is it good doing this way ?

I will compile another firmware with the right packages you have provided and tell you if it's ok.

Do you have a link to a documentation for all modules I can activate and their description ?

Linked to the previous question, do you have any recommendations for good packages to install (AdBlock, VPN, others... ) ?

Guys I have a very big problem:

I had a nice openwrt firmware very stable, but suddently the radios turned off forever..

I tried everything, even i softbricked the router

Now I opened it with a TTL and I am completely unable to tftp... it remains in: "Listening: *"

Forever

What could happen here? what isn't this mode working at all

when tftp orange blinking:

it autoreboots because of this:

Any idea? Help?

How can I get this router working again?

TFTP does not work

(I'm booting partition 0), can I switch to partition 1 using the serial?

Have you set up the country code?

No, does it have something to do?

it's very strange I can not tftp