Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

$ ubireader_extract_images -w miwifi_r3600_all_6510e_3.0.22_INT.bin

$ cd ubifs-root/miwifi_r3600_all_6510e_3.0.22_INT.bin/

$ unsquashfs img-1135711824_vol-ubi_rootfs.ubifs 
Parallel unsquashfs: Using 8 processors
4305 inodes (4469 blocks) to write

create_inode: could not create character device squashfs-root/dev/console, because you're not superuser!
[=================================================================================/ ] 4468/4469  99%

created 3847 files
created 251 directories
created 457 symlinks
created 0 devices
created 0 fifos

$ find squashfs-root/ -name hostapd_cli
squashfs-root/usr/sbin/hostapd_cli

$
1 Like

Ho... Didn't think to unsquash to look by myself.
Thanks you.
I will try (after folowing how to gain ssh on 1.0.67 and flash back 3.0.22 with ssh enabled) to initiate pairing with this command.

Hello as a person who does not understand much about routers, can anyone tell me what I need to do to increase the range of the router. Looking at the comments, I saw that changing the country increases the power, but my global version of the AX3600 does not have China in the initial setup. What are the options I use the router in Bulgaria and definitely as a range is much weaker compared to Tp link.

You must NOT play with the country settings. Tampering with it leads to a violation of local regulations and can lead to severe problems (weather or Airport Radar failing, your neighbors WiFi disturbed) and will be fined. In Germany they are driving around with Vans loaded with antennas and Equipment and hunt you down. Even If there is no complaint from anyone they check your area every few years as they must measure mobilephone operators and their emissions anyway.

Do NOT switch to a different country than the one you are living in. There is no benefit, as the Client sticks to your local regulatory domain too and cannot reply/send with excessive power even when it hears a (too strong) sender.

1 Like

What if someone has bought the Chinese version and wants to reduce power to their country?

You can (and should) install the international firmware to your Chinese device.

But according to what is written above, the reg code will not change and the power will remain the same.

Оk is there a way to check how much power i am currently transmitting at 2.4ghz without rooting the router with chinese firmware? Тhe router has a global version 3.0.22.

i think if you do factory reset it will change

you need to download logs and check there

Is there an easy way of resetting the web interface password over SSH?

/edit: nvm, did a factory reset, downgraded/rooted and all is fine again.

Have you found if port forwarding works better/is improved with this version? On my Chinese firmware, port forwarding doesn't actually seem to work correctly - not all rules are being followed. It's very frustrating.

check this Xiaomi ax3600 ssh guide

Have know idea. It's just working. Had no any issues on either version.

Interesting. Ok, thanks. I'll try again!

Are there any other differences for CN and INT FW except for the WiFi regulations? Currently I am using the INT 3.0.22 and I have issues with IPv6
As soon I activate it, it doesn't connect via IPv4 anymore.

Does this router even support Dual Stack?

Did anyone manage to successfully configure 5G with channels between 64 and 149? Currently on 1.0.227 and those frequencies aren't even listed:

5.180 GHz (Channel 36)
  5.200 GHz (Channel 40)
  5.220 GHz (Channel 44)
  5.240 GHz (Channel 48)
  5.260 GHz (Channel 52)
  5.280 GHz (Channel 56)
  5.300 GHz (Channel 60)
  5.320 GHz (Channel 64)
* 5.745 GHz (Channel 149)
  5.765 GHz (Channel 153)
  5.785 GHz (Channel 157)
  5.805 GHz (Channel 161)
  5.825 GHz (Channel 165)

And if I recall correctly in other firmware versions those frequencies were listed but impossible to be configured.
BTW Some findings regarding (1.0.227) 5G wireless performance:

• channels starting 149 (at least 149 itself) have far better performance with HT80 than lower channels with VHT160
  • hardcoding channel 165 is resulting in very poor performance with the bandwidth in the range of 200Mbps

Yes, they become available after a factory reset with the international firmware (after selecting the correct region, you're only offered this selection once, after resetting).

Are you sure?
Someone probably wrote that after the reset, regional regulations do not change.

Question to those who upgraded with xqrepack method and r3600-raw-img.bin (from miwifi_r3600_all_6510e_3.0.22_INT+SSH), what is your experience and can we revert back to other version...what is the step to restore it to other version?