Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

No, it works fine with both.

Okay.. I thought of starting it again but after going to v17 and dumping bdata I see it's the one I modified. So yes it's permanent. Now I'm updating int version over UI once done I will use putty and connect using telnet to execute 3 steps right? To restore ssh?

Sorry I guess doing something wrong. After updating to int firmware in UI I'm losing telnet and ssh. I never used the calculated password anywhere. Feels strange

Do the basic configuration over the webinterface first, before trying to connect with telnet. This bdata procedure survives firmware upgrades and complete factory resets, it's permanent - but you do have to re-enable (and restart) ssh access, by editing /etc/init.d/dropbear (change release to something else, e.g. release2 in the corresponding if clause of that initscript) over telnet (and restart it afterwards).

Thanks. Even now when I dump bdata by going back to 17v and running those urls to get access to ssh. Bdata data is already modified.

Yes I did web interface setup first and then with putty telnet and port 22/23, I'm getting connection refused. I'm not able to execute those 3 commands without telnet. Is it some other port?

Is it some other port?

No, just standard ports. Could you possibly get CRC32 checksum wrong when patching bdata? Like a typo when reversing bytes order? It worked fine for me, and I did loose wifi signal after web reset, which was fixed after erasing crash and reboot.

Thanks. Let me try again. For comparison you installed which fw and version

I run Chinese 1.0.227 version. It's a patched version, so I got both telnet and SSH after web reset, without the need to edit /etc/init.d/dropbear, but I did have to use derived root password. Also, not sure if it's related, but wifi performance is much better after the reset

Oh you using patched. I'm using the stock international after bdata update. Does it matter? According to @slh it should work .

Oh you using patched

Yeah, but even with a patched one, before patching bdata, I lost SSH access after web reset, since it restored default nvram values from bdata, which set enable_ssh=0 among other things; so I can tell the procedure works fine

I'm using the stock international after bdata update. Does it matter? According to @slh it should work

I never tried to install an international firmware, since I do most of configuring via SSH, hence I don't care much about webui language. Unless something changed later on, looking at /etc/init.d/telnet and /etc/rc.d/S50telnet symlink, it's not different in INT 3.0.22 from CN 1.0.227, so I assume it should work.

Thanks @alllexx88 and @slh i made a stupid mistake when i did the reverse of the CRC32 Checksum. Now with international rom and all works as it supposed to be.

im going to tinker with settings. I wanted to change the country to US and apply any tweaks. going over this thread for answers. Thanks again.

@Double-G any help to update the country code to US/CA. i dont see that option in the drop down. CN hardware flashed with INT firmware

1 Like

I just updated by bdata for permanent SSH access. Any advantage for changing CN to EU for the country code ? I'm in North America and trying to send the country and all other thing specific to US

i'm not sure if this is wrong place to ask, is it possible to connect to nordvpn with Xiaomi AX3600?

update the country code to US/CA. i dont see that option in the drop down

As a wild guess, you could try to patch bdata again to change CountryCode=CN to CountryCode=US, then reset. I've seen this change in the repo that holds the python script to derive root password: https://github.com/odedlaz/ax3600-files/blob/ebd4781e0775c645a5008d6443aad84edf1ada43/scripts/header.py#L62
P.S. You could also use this code to create patched bdata instead of doing it manually
P.P.S. Don't use it: it's buggy. Maybe will send a PR with a fix later
P.P.P.S See https://github.com/odedlaz/ax3600-files/pull/2 for a fix:

$ python header.py modify
usage: header.py modify [-h] [--test] SRC DST [COUNTRY]
header.py modify: error: the following arguments are required: SRC, DST
2 Likes

If I recall correctly changing it to EU will reduce max output power. Might be closer to US regulations.
Plus iw reg set US in /etc/rc.local.

i did this setting also pathched bdata to US from CN like @alllexx88 mentioned. It was still not showing US. I followed @Double-G guide on what he did for DE.

Now, im not getting lot of frequencies but all code points to US though. Not even 160 for 5G

Edit:

This is what im seeing but in UI im not seeing lot of frequencies

root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo wl0 txpowerlist
   0 dBm (   1 mW)
   6 dBm (   3 mW)
  10 dBm (  10 mW)
  14 dBm (  25 mW)
  18 dBm (  63 mW)
  22 dBm ( 158 mW)
  26 dBm ( 398 mW)
* 30 dBm (1000 mW)
root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo w10 freqlist
No such wireless device: w10
root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo wl0 freqlist
  5.180 GHz (Channel 36)
  5.200 GHz (Channel 40)
* 5.220 GHz (Channel 44)
  5.240 GHz (Channel 48)
  5.260 GHz (Channel 52)
  5.280 GHz (Channel 56)
  5.300 GHz (Channel 60)
  5.320 GHz (Channel 64)
  5.500 GHz (Channel 100)
  5.520 GHz (Channel 104)
  5.540 GHz (Channel 108)
  5.560 GHz (Channel 112)
  5.580 GHz (Channel 116)
  5.600 GHz (Channel 120)
  5.620 GHz (Channel 124)
  5.640 GHz (Channel 128)
  5.660 GHz (Channel 132)
  5.680 GHz (Channel 136)
  5.700 GHz (Channel 140)
  5.720 GHz (Channel 144)
  5.745 GHz (Channel 149)
  5.765 GHz (Channel 153)
  5.785 GHz (Channel 157)
  5.805 GHz (Channel 161)
  5.825 GHz (Channel 165)
root@XiaoQiang:~#

Can someone tell me what is the wan port? the one near the power port or the last one?

farther / last from the power port.

1 Like

@alllexx88 @Double-G @perceival I tried multiple things for reg code.

bdata with US / EU is same but it is behaving differently with CN.

Reg frequency can be easily controlled with approach mentioned by @Double-G. I tried CA and US and no different between bdata variants and official frequencies.

But, power is different between CN and EU bdata

EU>

root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo wl0 txpowerlist
   0 dBm (   1 mW)
   4 dBm (   2 mW)
   6 dBm (   3 mW)
   8 dBm (   6 mW)
  10 dBm (  10 mW)
  12 dBm (  15 mW)
  14 dBm (  25 mW)
* 16 dBm (  39 mW)

CN>

root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo wl0 txpowerlimit
   0 dBm (   1 mW)
   6 dBm (   3 mW)
   9 dBm (   7 mW)
  12 dBm (  15 mW)
  15 dBm (  31 mW)
  18 dBm (  63 mW)
  21 dBm ( 125 mW)
* 24 dBm ( 251 mW)

Edit: lol you guys found this 13 days ago.

2 Likes

Anyone with ssh access can tell me if hostapd_cli is in INT firmware or not?
I need it to do a WPS pairing with my wifi tv decoder for my provider.
I bought ax3600 to bypass bad wifi performance, but i loose my tv decoder.
Thanks.