Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

Guys I have a very big problem:

I had a nice openwrt firmware very stable, but suddently the radios turned off forever..

I tried everything, even i softbricked the router

Now I opened it with a TTL and I am completely unable to tftp... it remains in: "Listening: *"

Forever

What could happen here? what isn't this mode working at all

when tftp orange blinking:

it autoreboots because of this:

Any idea? Help?

How can I get this router working again?

TFTP does not work

(I'm booting partition 0), can I switch to partition 1 using the serial?

Have you set up the country code?

No, does it have something to do?

it's very strange I can not tftp

When I didn't set the code the radio was. I was doing it via Luci.

Yes but the problem is the router doesn't boot at all...

I've tried to sent 1.0.17 original firm through TFTP with the reset button mode and didn't work

Later I take the cap off and tried TTL and send an image with TFTP but with commands... it remains Listening and nothing happens... I tried with windows, linux and everything, IP 192.168.31.100 and so on.. and nothing happens...

What else can I do?

Hi, probably this is not the best place for my question but I don't know what to do. I bought an AX3600 router (I'm in guatemala and bought locally so I guess is the Int version) came home, connected, it worked for like 5 minutes and after that wifi stoped showing up. Went to the store and they replaced it, new one worked for a day and after that day it stoped working, showing same behavior. Both lights are blue but there is no wifi. I don't know if I already bricked it...I installed chinese firmware, went back to Int and chinese many times, and during those tests, for some minutes I was able to view the wifi from laptop and even connect to it (it was very weak) now there is no wifi at all.... last thing I knew, the app was asking for firmware upgrade of the router and I accepted it (it installed 3.0.22) and after a couple of hours it stopped working. Don't really know what to do.

Someone knows if Xiaomi has some kind of roaming enabled in the original firmware?

I had two of them, one as a wired repeater, and the other as a wifi repeater of the first during more than one year. My devices did roaming between the two without problems, fast and clean.

Now I have OpenWrt installed in both of them, and there is not any kind of roaming. If I enable 802.11r (Fast Transition roaming) then my TV is not able to connect to the APs, so is clear that is not the same than Xiaomi had by default in the OEM firmware because my TV worked with it.

Some idea of what can be? Thanks!

I enabled 802.11r,k and v using CLI/uci on stock-firmware and didn't get an error, but couldn't test it. Would be interesting to know if it really works.

Maybe if someone had it as wifi extender and has ssh enabled can export the config files to take a look?

The roaming issue was know and fixed a few weeks ago in Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600

You can download a basic working build on https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt/releases
or you can find in the first linked thread instructions to fork and build custom openwrt firmwares with specific packages you may need.

I'm using latest robimarko release. This seems more a problem of my TV, I've seen I'm not the only one with this problem and this TV. I've a Philips 55 OLED 806. I've seen in the changelog of the 805 model:

TPM191E_101.001.145.001(Date published: 2020-11-03)

• [Wifi] support 802.11r mesh WiFi network.

so it seems they had this problem before. I've asked them if this 805 patch is at the 806 firmware.

Is there a way to know if the problem is from TV or from OpenWrt?

@robimarko your openwrt-fork does not have a custom readme or explanation on the github page. Would you be so kind to update the description to match the supported devices, build procedure,..

Thanks.

If it helps, here is a log with the TV trying to connect with 802.11r enabled:

Fri Mar 25 13:15:54 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:16:06 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:16:30 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Fri Mar 25 13:17:07 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:17:18 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:17:58 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:18:58 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:19:58 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:20:58 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Fri Mar 25 13:21:58 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Fri Mar 25 13:21:58 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan5-1: STA f0:a3:b2:81:a1:a2 IEEE 802.11: authenticated

As you see, it tries to connect but when connected, it is deauthenticated.

I've tried with disassoc_low_ack=0 too, that I've seen in the forum, without luck.

There is nothing that really needs explaining.
Its the same as upstream Openwrt, use menuconfig to pick your board and whatever packages you want.

Hello,

I have the international Version and would like to have a stronger WiFi signal. If I understood correctly I have to change country settings?
How is the procedure to gain this?
Install old chinese firmware, obtain SSH and then? What is the next step?

Hi everyone,

I need help. I just got used Xiaomi AX3600 global version with preinstalled OpenWrt firwmare version: R21.12.1 / LuCi Master (git-21.335.48743-5f363d9).

How can I flash original stock firmware back without bricking my router?

This is the one based on Qualcomm QSDK if I'm not wrong. It has two partitions, one with this pseudo OpenWrt, and the other with the Xiaomi stock firmware. At this page you have how to change from one partition to the other:
https://openwrt.org/inbox/toh/xiaomi/xiaomi_ax3600

After that, if you want to revert it completely, you must to return to "stock" partition layout: Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1) - #6295 by adamhnat

At the first link, you have too how to debrick the router or recover using tftp (if you have the correct partition layout).

Good luck!

1 Like

I purchased this AX3600 router with CN firmware and updated it to INT firmware through the router login page. Is it safe for me to downgrade back to CN firmware? Asking because I don't want to brick it just in case.

Thank you.

Yes, you can go from one to the other without problem. At least until now.

I have AX3600 with latest EU firmware with SSH enabled. I'm want to use it for separate lan from the one on the ISP but still want to access the ISP lan from my ax3600. So I need some kind static routing. How can I manage this ?