Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

Did you read this thread? There is an extensive message about this:

You can create thios file before on your pc and transfer it via scp e.g.

Can't read chinese but it seems no mention 6ghz. Only 5ghz and 2ghz. I'm confused.

Yes. I read but I asked for a ready to use script for EU regulation and not for instructions.

You are lifesaver.

And here was i wondering why the AX3600 had worse coverage than my previous TP-LINK C7.
The regulation limiting the txpower in Brazil has been changed more than 10 years ago, raising the limit to 250mW and today on the 5GHz spectrum with some channels allowing 1W.

So my best guess at a workaround here would be to change my country code to EU and be capped at 23dBm for the time being.

Thanks.

1 Like

Correct, and contrary to ipq807x, ipq50xx has basically zero upstream support right now (there are some first steps, but far from completion). While it's likely that ipq60xx and ipq50xx will profit significantly from the work going into ipq807x, you'd still reset the clock by about two years for ipq50xx/ ipq60xx. Or to phrase it more clearly, ipq807x support for OpenWrt is somewhat in sight (2021?), support for ipq60xx or ipq50xx is not, yet - and will take considerably longer.

1 Like

Finally, I had enough time to read almost the whole discussion and to flash my device.
I report here a summary for new users in order to save their free time:
Enable SSH support

http://192.168.31.1/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=<STOK>/api/misystem/set_config_iotdev?bssid=Xiaomi&user_id=longdike&ssid=-h%3Bnvram%20set%20ssh%5Fen%3D1%3B%20nvram%20commit%3B
http://192.168.31.1/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=<STOK>/api/misystem/set_config_iotdev?bssid=Xiaomi&user_id=longdike&ssid=-h%3Bsed%20-i%20's/channel=.*/channel=%5C%22debug%5C%22/g'%20/etc/init.d/dropbear%3B
http://192.168.31.1/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=<STOK>/api/misystem/set_config_iotdev?bssid=Xiaomi&user_id=longdike&ssid=-h%3B/etc/init.d/dropbear%20start%3B

Change user and password

http://192.168.31.1/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=<STOK>/api/misystem/set_config_iotdev?bssid=Xiaomi&user_id=longdike&ssid=-h%3B%20echo%20-e%20'admin%5Cnadmin'%20%7C%20passwd%20root%3B

Change country code and other parameters

uci set luci.main.lang='en'
uci commit

nvram set CountryCode=EN
nvram set ssh_en=1
nvram set uart_en=1
nvram set boot_wait=on
nvram commit

Flash INT firmware

ubiformat /dev/mtd12 -f /tmp/r3600-raw-img.bin -s 2048 -O 2048
nvram set flag_ota_reboot=1
nvram commit
reboot

Now the router seems working well with latest INT firmware 3.0.22. I found a possible problem that I was not able to solve. If I try to use the router in repeater mode (wireless) I am not able to connect it to any other device.
I get the error: Couldn't test wireless repeater
Any idea?

6 Likes

I really like your summary.
You should add how to make telnet&ssh permanent by modifying bzdata.
One could also add how to use xarepack to build your own de-xiaomd-firmware, then it would be complete and a real tribute to the community.

Thanks a lot.

If you can point out a working procedure/link, I'm glad to add it.

If you chinese version and flash int firmware signal strength will remain

I was able to reach about 1.1 gbps on wifi 6 but only at about half a meter distance to the router. So not really practical

Does anybody know what does messaging do in the router? The messaging file is located in /etc/config/.

Hi guys, Could someone with more knowledge than me check /lib/wifi/qacwificfg80211.sh file to know if can we unlock functionalities, capabilities or software limitations?

I just got my AX3600, managed to get permanent SSH and changed the local IP range to 192.168.1.X.
However I cannot figure out how to change the local domain to .lan
I need to be able to reach my NAS by visiting NAS.lan and I tried using SSH to go to /etc/config/dhcp and adding this setting:
option domain 'lan'

But it is not working.
Also tried editing the device itself:

config host 'xxxxxxxxxx'
	option mac 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'
	option name 'nas'
        option domain 'nas.lan'
	option ip '192.168.1.2'

How do I make this work?

EDIT:
I have noticed another weird issue. First I used Smart connect enabled, which should connect my 5G devices to the 5G band. But for some reason they don't. When I disabled the Smart connect I can have two separate WiFi's, but the 5G Wifi doesn't show up, only the 2.4G Wifi does. How do I solve this? No reboot makes it work, and I have double-checked, it is not hidden or anything!

For your EDIT section. You have to ensure that the device you want to connect must also be WIFI 6 capable else 5GHz won't be visible at all with default router setting. If you are not sure, you have to check Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) Compatible Mode in WI-FI setting and turn it off, then the router will work in WIFI 5 mode.

Great, thank you! That was the issue.

Any idea about using a local domain? I am trying to figure this one out as my Nginx Reverse proxy on my NAS stops working if I cannot have the nas named nas.lan in the local network.

Anyone else having issues with smart devices like the Shelly's and Google Home/Minis? With my AC-68U they worked all the time, now when I ask to turn on or off a light it works about 50% of the time? They are all connected to 2.4Ghz wifi. Any settings via SSH which can help them keep connection?

Did you use any script to get SSH from the MIWIFI official firmware? If yes, be aware that the script like xqrepack remove some of the MIWIFI functionality which may be related somehow. I suggest to test your devices first with official firmware (without SSH) and check if they run or not.You can upload the official firmware from the upgrade page in router UI.
As example, my router works with WIFI 6 on channel 40, on other channels it is unstable, don't now the reason or found any solution so far.

Yes, I used this script and guide. https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5071359

with original FW i have no problem, with xqrepack FW i have stability issues.

Thanks for this solution @jockebq now it works perfect

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread yet, there's a script that allows you to bypass all the xiaomi mesh checks by passing the second nodes 5ghz mac address via the api to the master. If anyone fancies tinkering, it would be interesting to see if this allows a mesh between 2 devices not set to the same region. If so, might be a quicker/easier way to form a mesh between an int ax3600 and a cn ax1800 until int ax1800 is available?

1 Like