Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

I'm using it as an access point but isn't it possible to block that IP on AX3600 firewall?

I'm not able to block this ip address, even with iptable rule it still ping to that address.

I'm looking at the QoS options and I don't see much...is it impossible to define a bandwidth priority without limiting other equipments?
i.e. make sure my TV has as much MB as it needs but don't limit my computer when the TV doesn't need much speed.

Also, QoS depending on the domain?
i.e. prioritize Netflix/YouTube over a torrent

I added a small blocklist to my unbound:

local-zone: "miwifi.com" redirect
local-data: "miwifi.com  A 127.0.0.1"
local-zone: "xiaomi.com" redirect
local-data: "xiaomi.com  A 127.0.0.1"
local-zone: "baidu.com" redirect
local-data: "baidu.com  A 127.0.0.1"
local-zone: "taobao.com" redirect
local-data: "taobao.com  A 127.0.0.1"
local-zone: "xiaomi.cn" redirect
local-data: "xiaomi.cn  A 127.0.0.1"

@kremer Did you modify "/etc/config/miwifi" already as some workaround if you don't have e.g. unbound as DNS and adblocking Solution?

Thanks for this info, I'm beginner just trying solutions as suggested by other here. So I don't know where these unbound codes I need to insert, can you tell me which file I need to edit?

Requirement is that you have SSH / Telnet Access to the Router. The unbound code is only useful if you have unbound running in your network.

Otherwise you could try the following:

sed -i 's@\w\+.miwifi.com@localhost@g' /etc/config/miwifi
(taken from xqrepack script)

1 Like

I'm about to purchase the AX3600, and I know there's no OpenWRT support at the moment. But there are a few things I need working from my current AC68-U. Mainly updating the DDNS to my namecheap-account. I do this on my Asus with a script automatically. Is this something I can do on the AX3600 with SSH access?
There's not a lot info on what it can do with the official software. Can you manually assign local devices permanent IPs?
Can you change the local domain name?

Hi
Any way to modify the backup configuration et reinject again to restore?
i need ad adictional wifi network without firmware downgrade end SSH acces

Thanks

DHCP static IP assignment yes

DDNS: Service provider no-ip.com oray.com dyndns.com pubyun.com user pass host name check status important update those are the ddns option

Thanks for the info! Now, access to those url is blocked. Netstat still shows some ip addresses are phoning home, I checked the whois data these, these are 58.83.177.108 (CHINA-21VIANET) and 183.84.6.20, 183.84.6.44 (Beijing HuaxiaYakue Network Technology Co., Ltd.). Don't know what they want.

As far as I understand with limited knowledge that ip address needs to be blocked with iptables though that I already tried and doesn't seems to work.

Perfect! Thanks. Is there any way to use the English firmware while still retaining the tx power from the Chinese version?

Also, are there any other modifications that are necessary? Like blocking xioami from logging your browsing?

You must follow local regulations in regards to channels and power

1 Like

I think someone wrote earlier that despite the change of firmware and region, the tx power remains the same.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please check my post from few weeks ago: Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

1 Like

OK thanks. Could you please provide a ready script for EU that will run automatically every time you start the router?

Did you read this thread? There is an extensive message about this:

You can create thios file before on your pc and transfer it via scp e.g.

Can't read chinese but it seems no mention 6ghz. Only 5ghz and 2ghz. I'm confused.

Yes. I read but I asked for a ready to use script for EU regulation and not for instructions.

You are lifesaver.

And here was i wondering why the AX3600 had worse coverage than my previous TP-LINK C7.
The regulation limiting the txpower in Brazil has been changed more than 10 years ago, raising the limit to 250mW and today on the 5GHz spectrum with some channels allowing 1W.

So my best guess at a workaround here would be to change my country code to EU and be capped at 23dBm for the time being.

Thanks.

1 Like

Correct, and contrary to ipq807x, ipq50xx has basically zero upstream support right now (there are some first steps, but far from completion). While it's likely that ipq60xx and ipq50xx will profit significantly from the work going into ipq807x, you'd still reset the clock by about two years for ipq50xx/ ipq60xx. Or to phrase it more clearly, ipq807x support for OpenWrt is somewhat in sight (2021?), support for ipq60xx or ipq50xx is not, yet - and will take considerably longer.

1 Like