Xiaomi AX3600 160MHz latest snapshot issues

Unfortunately, I cannot get stable 160MHz channels in Europe since the (now-fixed) upstream commit broke the 160MHz channels. The radio becomes intermittent after a few hours, without any obvious error messages available in the logs (at least with the standard verbose). The behavior is reproducible in both my AX3600 units. I had the proper country code configured in all radios and iw reg looked ok (similar to DE for all purposes). It is also not the 10min DFS wait, the radio goes up and is working fine -- until it isn't, goes up and down, maybe stays up, rinse and repeat.

Has anyone experienced this? The only way to have a stable operation with the latest snapshot is to use 80Mhz channels (currently change to channel 36, without DFS, and the default country == US). Reverting to stock or the snapshot of a few weeks ago fully restores regular operation and the full performance (i.e., near ~950 Mbps effective download rate vs. ~850 Mbps with 80MHz channels).

(PS: unfortunately, the fantastic AX3600 thread is now closed. That is a shame, as it was the best resource for issues such as this one)

2 Likes

Greetings, did you figure out any good place to get AX3600 support? Wonder how to get in touch with the devs.

I did attended sysupgrade this morning and it bricked my device, can't even get TFTP recovery. Quite sad if you ask me, but I guess teaches one to stay away from "barely supported" devices, I guess next step is opnsense with some AP, since I cannot find any good OpenWRT routers with wifi 6...

Unfortunately no, not the AX3600 specifically. Robimarko and Ansuel are very active in the other threads (AX9000) for instance, so you may be able to contact them there.

If it weren't for this 160MHz issue that came out of the blue I would be very happy with my two AX3600s.
I don't have much time to pin-point what was the exact commit that caused this, but the issue is definitely there.

Somebody has to bisect the issue down to a certain commit, no other way around it

2 Likes