Xiaomi AC2350 poor routing performance

Hello,
My ISP provider is up to 800M but I only get 220 on the ethernet after OPENWRT on my router. compared to direct conection to ISP.

Could you please help me?

Txs

Have you enabled packet steering?

screen246

• What router?
  • What version of OpenWrt?
1 Like

Topic says:

AC2350 poor lan bandwith

but ...

My ISP provider is up to 800M but I only get 220

we're actually talking about routing performance, not LAN, right ?

2 Likes

hello,

Txs for your replies.
I use Xiaomi AC2350:

@lleachii Txs for the tip. I activated packet steering already.
@frollic Yes I'm talking about routing overall performance.

what does htop say about the CPU load, when you you try to max it out ?

do you use SQM ?

2 Likes

What version of OpenWrt?

Did you enable Software Flow Offloading?

2 Likes

@lleachii
version OpenWrt 21.02.3 r16554

I activated Software Flow Offloading i enhanced but I still not to max

rebooted, too ?

what does htop say ?

2 Likes

(TBH, I maxed out a device at 220...but I'm not familiar with this particular device.)

htop results would help.

1 Like

Same here, but this claims SoC should be faster - Comparative Throughput Testing Including NAT, SQM, WireGuard, and OpenVPN - #11 by jeff

TLDR though.

2 Likes

Hi
I'm not very familiar with HTOP
Here is the result.
Lan is 500, I was mistaked and wifi 250.
Lan test:

wifi test:

Seems you're maxing out the CPU ...

2 Likes

Is there any tweak to avoid that?

the off loading should have taken care of it, assuming it actually works with this SoC.

500 via ethernet cable isn't terrible though, but ideally you want something like this as router So you have 500Mbps-1Gbps fiber and need a router READ THIS FIRST

3 Likes

~200 MBit/s (without software flow-offloading) is the maximum you can get from ath79 - and latencies are already very bad towards the upper end (sawtooth like, very pronounced), it's totally at its end there. While flow-offloading can extend that, it has its limits and comes with a number of inherent "quirks" (so I'd never count on it long term). This use case just needs considerably faster hardware, as frollic referenced.

There is a difference between synthetic benchmarks, an (considerably) lower real-world capabilities, things like the aforementioned 'choppiness' towards the higher end, additional tasks (pppoe, wlan, sqm, vpn, …) necessary in the real world and the ability to cope with multiple, bursty, flows, large conntrack tables, etc.

2 Likes

I use ac2350 as well with openwrt... I get 400 MBit/s easy which is my max.
So something here is a bit confusing.

Hi,

Do you get 400 by WiFi or ethernet?
Which version do you use?

Txs