X86: WiFi speeds slow and can't create 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time

Hi.
I agree. I had once a wifi card in my x86 router. It performed well indeed, but:

1. it was setup to broadcast on 5GHz band and sometimes I needed the 2.4GHz. Can't do both at the times.
  2. the wifi card worked 24/7, and so dissipated heat (very).

Finally I removed it and I use a recycled router as an AP instead. Performances are identical, I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands available. Heat is much lower on the x86 router. I can poweroff the AP when unnecessary. So a separate AP is a better choice.

if you want take it really easy, look for something like that. you can flash cudy vendor openwrt first, and than openwrt. simple process, without puzzle, especially if you are new to openwrt. logically there are many devices easy to install openwrt, this is just an example.

This is completely wrong, if the chipset supports, it can run 2.4GHz & 5GHz at the same time. For example I have this card, I can create both 2.4G/5G WiFi at the same timie, in fact most router hardware using single chipset for both 2.4G/5G.

if so help him to make work.

you joking right?

I have this router on hand, with 2.4G/5G both usable at the same time, there is only single WiFi chip.

Or these....?

(Maybe I shouldn't say "most of them", but it's still possible for a single to chip to handle both)

this are DBDC cards also MT7915 work too, but this are different wireless card.

OK I get what you mean, you are correct that OP's card cannot do this (too old), some newer cards which has better support on multiple channels.

BTW, I think you can better refer to the discussion here to find a better card if you want to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.