X86/64 cannot be built - Buildbot faillogs not working?

I'm trying to build a current x86/64 snapshot (+20 feeds) but i have massive problems for several days/weeks getting a complete build even on default settings (+feeds). For example:

• 'Curl' doesn't compile with 'mbedtls' (default option).
  • GnuTLS doesn't compile with 'gmp-mini' (default option).
  • The package installation shell command exceeds maximum argument length (/usr/bin/env: Argument list too long). See this. Mine is 150KB.

If i look at the buildbot faillogs (here) there are nearly no entries. I'm not sure if the buildbot is caching or something and not noticing broken packages/dependencies. Maybe someone should do a 'make dirclean' to get a clean environment.

Or something is wrong on my side. I cannot compile any snapshot for weeks (its not kernel 5.4 related though). It would be strange that several packages are broken and no one notices it. Or is the buildbot ignoring errors at the moment? I can remember the buildbot did not work at all some weeks ago for x86/64.

Can anyone shed some light? Does compiling x86/64 (with above packages) work for anyone?

Arch Linux 5.5.13
OpenWrt x86/64 master af35205626ecea62c75b1a94a6f835aed6c91089
20 feeds

'Curl' doesn't compile with 'mbedtls' (default option).
GnuTLS doesn't compile with 'gmp-mini' (default option).

Builds fine here.

You're not the first one running Arch and hitting that problem, so my money is on software updates causing issues.

I've built multiple firmwares in the last few days from master, with a clean slate (completely new toolchain).

That would be a leak out of the buildroot and a bug in openwrt indeed.
But i think i've found another promising candidate. I import feeds by exported opkg package list: cat mypackages.txt | xargs ./scripts/feeds install -d y. This does work and the '-d y' is necessary to enable the packages. But i've noticed that when using this method the respective packages have all suboptions enabled as well (not the default ones as if you would enable it manually). And 'libgnutls' does have 'use external tasn1lib' and 'tpm' entries indeed that are problematic.

Is there some other way to import/enable feeds/packages automatically?

The default ./scripts/feeds update -a && ./scripts/feeds install -a works fine for me still, and it doesn't wipe your .config either afaik.

The packages are not enabled either. I'd still have to check 129 packages for their correct state.

The 'scripts/feeds.sh -d y' option is the cause indeed. Compiles properly now.
I import my feeds like this for now:

opkg list-installed | cut -f 1 -d ' ' > /tmp/mypackages.txt
sed 's/^/CONFIG_PACKAGE_/;s/$/=y/' < mypackages.txt > forconfig.txt

Append 'forconfig.txt' to a basic initial .config file and re-run 'make menuconfig'.

same error

Collecting package info: done
tmp/.config-package.in:74368:error: recursive dependency detected!
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
tmp/.config-package.in:74368: symbol PACKAGE_luci-app-nft-qos depends on PACKAGE_luci-app-nft-qos
tmp/.config-package.in:135512:error: recursive dependency detected!
tmp/.config-package.in:135512: symbol PACKAGE_adblock is selected by PACKAGE_luci-app-adblock
tmp/.config-package.in:73778: symbol PACKAGE_luci-app-adblock depends on PACKAGE_wget
tmp/.config-package.in:109981: symbol PACKAGE_wget is selected by PACKAGE_acme
tmp/.config-package.in:135482: symbol PACKAGE_acme is selected by PACKAGE_luci-app-acme
tmp/.config-package.in:73762: symbol PACKAGE_luci-app-acme depends on PACKAGE_lua
tmp/.config-package.in:21890: symbol PACKAGE_lua is selected by PACKAGE_lua-cjson
tmp/.config-package.in:21936: symbol PACKAGE_lua-cjson is selected by PACKAGE_prometheus-node-exporter-lua-bmx7
tmp/.config-package.in:155392: symbol PACKAGE_prometheus-node-exporter-lua-bmx7 depends on PACKAGE_bmx7
tmp/.config-package.in:116600: symbol PACKAGE_bmx7 is selected by PACKAGE_bmx7-dnsupdate
tmp/.config-package.in:147216: symbol PACKAGE_bmx7-dnsupdate depends on PACKAGE_jshn
tmp/.config-package.in:151455: symbol PACKAGE_jshn is selected by PACKAGE_adblock
tmp/.config-package.in:854:error: recursive dependency detected!
tmp/.config-package.in:854: symbol PACKAGE_nft-qos depends on PACKAGE_nft-qos

configuration written to .config

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.