I bought a Linkys WRT3200ACM a month ago, and put OpenWrt on it. It worked perfectly for the first 2-3 weeks; then it started giving me problems.
- My 5GHz radio used to give me 220 Mbps consistently the first week. Now I get 100 Mbps, if I am lucky. I connected my computer to the ethernet directly and get 220 Mbps, so I know my modem and ISP are not the problem. I did no updates not did I change the configuration. It just slowed down on its own.
- My 2.4 Ghz radio for my older devices is consistently dropping, especially on my Roku stream players.
My guess is that it is a faulty driver. I also bought a fan since the router gets hot. I tried rebooting and resetting the router, but I still only get 100 Mbps. I could get 220 Mbps without trying a month ago.
I am running OpenWrt 19.07