WRT3200ACM - Quieting the LEDs

I have my WRT3200ACM in my entertainment center and the constant flickering of the LEDs is driving me a little crazy. I managed to get the WLAN LEDs to just be solid, no blinking on activity, but I can't seem to figure out how to do the same for the switch LEDs. Does anyone know what configuration to use to get that effect?

I vaguely remember looking into this too a while back, but I can't remember if I ever found a solution or not, this might get you started but it is an old wiki (couldn't find the new equivalent), googling /sys/class/leds openwrt should point you to more info.

In case don't find a software solution: LinkSys WRT1900ACS disable all LEDs

Nothing I've tried so far has worked. It seems as if the switch port LEDs aren't software controllable. I ended up disassembling the WRT and covering the LEDs with small bits of electrical tape on the PCB. It's neater looking than taping up the outside and blocks 100% of the light.

Don't worry give it time they may start to fail like the 1900ACS

The leds on my 1200ac failed too, why I quit looking for a solution.

I have the same issue. I'm using Linksys wrt3200. The Linksys firmware can turn off LEDs, the Open WRT cannot as yet. Will any one address this soon?

Changing LED using the GUI, some LED turn off but I lost wireless connnection requiring a reboot to fix.

1 Like