Wrt3200acm Ping Related Dropouts?

Okay this my first two part question so please bare with me here. I kinda got a weird issue with my router's internet connection. Even though my router is currently running on Goldernorb, this is still based on Openwrt. But I still have the same exact problem started from Openwrt. However, this question is not related to Goldernorb as this is far outside their parameters. So, here's the situation;

*The firmware comes standard with Watchdog, so i can montior my internet for dropouts. When i was running Openwrt with Watchdog, it'll dropout almost every 7-8hrs. I didn't understand why so that's when I switched to Goldenorb. As i went to their latest 6/13 pre-release (Snapshot), enabled Watchdog, no dropouts. But once I updated to 6/20's pre-release the problem came back with a vengeance. 12hrs at a time it'll have a bad ping. Then i flashed back to the 6/13 release, then its pinging out 7-8hrs exactly like how it was with Openwrt. Would have to either restart my modem or restart my router but I dont have that many devices on the network. I know its a lot, so my question is that what can i do about my ping dropouts?

*Kinda leads to the second part, Im thinking about getting a secondary wifi6 router that can work with Openwrt specifically while my wrt3200acm stays on Goldernorb. I've looked around and found a few options, however this is about my linksys. So after i resolve my dropouts, i want to utilize beamforming and/or atleast Udpspeeder so I can ultilze Forward Error Corection for my streaming. Of course I'm such a dummy using SSH for these kind of things. And I'm aware that the manufacturer hadn't updated the drivers of some sorts that wouldn't allow beamforming and Mu-mimo to work well but I'll still want to give it a try anyway just for the hell of it. But i dont really want to use mimo. So, how do I enforce beamforming & Udpspeeder?

But golden orb is not from the official Openwrt project. It is very different, with major code changes under the hood. You need to direct your questions to them. Or, alternatively, you can install official openwrt.

1 Like

I dont think you have read this thoroughly. This started from openwrt, doing the same exact thing. And who you think sent me here? They sent me here, so that's why I'm here.

It appears you are using firmware that is not from the official OpenWrt project.

When using forks/offshoots/vendor-specific builds that are "based on OpenWrt", there may be many differences compared to the official versions (hosted by OpenWrt.org). Some of these customizations may fundamentally change the way that OpenWrt works. You might need help from people with specific/specialized knowledge about the firmware you are using, so it is possible that advice you get here may not be useful.

You may find that the best options are:

1. Install an official version of OpenWrt, if your device is supported (see https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org).
  2. Ask for help from the maintainer(s) or user community of the specific firmware that you are using.
  3. Provide the source code for the firmware so that users on this forum can understand how your firmware works (OpenWrt forum users are volunteers, so somebody might look at the code if they have time and are interested in your issue).

If you believe that this specific issue is common to generic/official OpenWrt and/or the maintainers of your build have indicated as such, please feel free to clarify.

1 Like

Switch back to OpenWRT, or go back to the GoldenOrb forum ?

Since you appear to trust whatever people tell you on internet.
Call McDonalds, and ask them.

2 Likes

Can yall just read what i said? THIS STARTED FROM OPENWRT!!!!

Are you running openwrt currently?

Yeah i just switch back to openwrt fully resetted.

Please connect to your OpenWrt device using ssh and copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

ubus call system board
cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

There is no standard installed watchdog for internet connectivity in OpenWrt for wrt3200acm and I am pretty sure since I have two of them since 18.06 was originally installed.

(I have dreamt over the years about such a function to shift the wan led color, but actually there isn’t even a package for that in OpenWrt as far as I know)

2 Likes

It could also be the fact that your ping target see your pinging as a DOS attack or just irritating and simply block you.

How much are you actually pinging and to who are you pinging?

1 Like

See point 5 how to setup a ping-host to ping to multiple ip addresses:

Okay my apologies for the misunderstanding and that i didn't respond back in a timely manner because i needed to do more research about my modem configuration. Im doing a custom 4x4 mimo setup on a rm500-ae. But the standard antennas that came equipped from MCUZONE is not designed to handle 5GNR for an extensive long period of time. Because i'm so close to my nearest tower is why i get 300mbps. But 3 of the 4 remains over -100dbi with and without my custom reflector. So that's what causing my ping dropouts but I'll used this information as well as a follow up once i buy these TG.66.A113W (4.8dbi) antennas. That's actually capable with 5GNR.