WRT1900ACS v2 how to update mwlwifi driver

Would this also work for the WRT3200ACM-EU ?

Hi @Kherby, as far as I read in this thread the values are in de EEPROM, which means it will ignore my patch.

Yes, ineffective on V2 flavours, rango and venom.

Dammit but thanks for letting me know...

@bladeoner

Thanks for the patch.
I can see what it is doing and already thought of doing something similar.
Unfortunately, it requires one to build his own custom image, inseatd of applying a patch like reghack2.

@adri you are welcome.

I always build my custom own image also because when you do you get all the fixes of the trunk you are using which you normally not get.

So for me this patch saves time because normally I needed to patch after updating the firmware with reghack2.

Link does not show anything. I suggest mega.nz 50 GB Free. I have uploaded some files there for sailfish OS 1.5 year ago and they are still there.

If you share that patch with me that would be great.

Will this patch work on my Netgear WNDR 3700 v4? I always build my custom firmware to apply 128 MB patch for my router and i also like to include all the programs and configs i use. I just build and quickly upgrade my router and that's it.

1 Like

@anon20279570 the patch should work with the Netgear WNDR 3700 v4.

I reuploaded it here if you could share it with mega.nz that could be great.

1 Like

Thank you downloaded and building right now. I have already built new firmware, i updated my router 30 minutes ago so it should build new firmware in 2-3 minutes.

Here is download link for the patch

Did not work on WNDR3700 v4

Anyone can tell me if it works? If it does not i'll remove download link to non-working patch.

@anon20279570 did you check if the patch applied succesfully?
You should to ssh to the device and use the following command to check if it applied correctly: iw reg get
It should give you DFS-UNSET if you use US or 00 World, the patch changes the values for those regions only.

It says this

global
country US: DFS-UNSET
	(2400 - 2483 @ 40), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
	(5140 - 5860 @ 160), (N/A, 30), (N/A)

phy#1

phy#0

But i do not see 30 dbm in wireless menu. on 2.4 GHZ it's 26 dbm and on 5 GHZ 20 dbm

So it seems the patch applied correctly.

You won’t be able to use 30, 26 is the maximum then that you can use on 2,4 Ghz. On the 5Ghz I got at maximum 24, you can try to change the channel to 52 for example.

If you use a firmware without the patch the dbm values are lower.

1 Like

Yeah you are right. it was 20 dbm. So i am glad it works. It's already on 52 channel by default.

I’m glad it worked out, one thing I wanted to mention is that the main reason I created the patch is to disable DFS not gaining the extra dbm. So just that you know DFS is disabled, so it won’t scan for radars when you reboot the router and the 5Ghz comes up.

I wanted this disabled because it gives me problems on some smartphones.

Well in my country no one cares what frequencies my wifi operates at or what gain has my antena. So i can have as much as my router can and set my wifi at any frequency. For these kind of situations this patch is great! Thanks to it's author.

Your opinions don’t change the law, and your language isn’t appropriate. Please consider revising your post.

Try 149 - should be 30.

Thanks for patch, i'll check the way to install it without firmware build.

Closing this topic now since it has drifted way offtopic.