[SOLVED] WRT1900ACS only 10mbps in upload -kernel 5.10+ issue-

I can confirm with the latest 21.2.02 build (kernel 5.4.179).... there is no issue

Kernel log

One of many speed test results

EDIT: I was running cake whist capturing speed tests, otherwise download was 900+ mbps
NB: Part of why I don't run v21.0x as it only uses a single CPU in my WRT1900ACS which I feel degrades throughput

This issue appears to be related to the Mediatek chipset and the suspected commit was only from early Feb 2022...

original commit ee6ba216d8

...whereas this has been an issue for some of us since at least mid 2021 on Marvell silicon.

I have rolled the latest master and am still restricted to the lowest speed NIC on the LAN at 100mbps on egress. When running a speed test from the router itself there is no issue - something restricting the LAN (and causing the whole device to lag as navigating LuCI becomes nearly impossible)

I think something changed in kernel v5.8+ - granted I am only guess by looking at the different commits that I think are related to EEE or 'Green Ethernet'... Divested-WRT: No-nonsense hardened builds for Linksys WRT series - #751 by pSych0bUNny

EDIT: kernel version 5.10.110 used

Again nothing to base this assumption on.

Hoping for a solution.

1 Like

Hi, with 22.03-rc1 kernel 5.10.111 same issue!!!

Kia Ora - any tried kernel v5.15.x? yet?

Bit borked on wrtpac targets last I tried, see PR thread.

Opened a issue on github...

I hope that someone more expert than me can look into this matter...

I have a similar issue on TP-Link Archer C6 V2 with OpenWrt 21.02.3.
The speed of up-linking, PC-(2.4 GHz WiFi)-> Archer C6 -(5 GHz WiFi)-> Buffalo router -> Internet, has been limited < 10 Mbps at any time.

Dear all,
finally I got time to test and seems to be solved by remove flow control on lan port with less than 1gbit connection...

example: ethtool -A lan2 autoneg off rx off

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.