Wrt1900acs - Can't save settings?

Experiencing a strange issue, I am able to flash new images to both partitions, but subsequent changes made via webui or ssh do not persist across reboots?

Anyone see this before?

Disclaimer: I don't own the wrt1900acs or similar Linksys/ mvebu devices, so the following advice is rather generic.

I would suggest to flash a sysupgrade image again, explicitly without keeping settings, e.g.:

# sysupgrade -n http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.3/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-19.07.3-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

The behaviour you're describing happens if your install fails to mount the persistent overlay, this can happen for a number of reasons, but aside from a too large firmware image (not an issue on your device using the default sysupgrade images), the most likely cause would be that you accidentally forced the upgrade of a factory image (instead of the required sysupgrade images).

If that doesn't help, please provide the syslog (as gathered by logread) and the output of mount and df -h in a codebox, which should provide some hints about the actual cause.

Be aware that firstboot conditions (generating ssh keys, etc.) and formatting the overlay can take a while, so please let your router settle for (to be one the conservative/ safe side) around 5 minutes, before you try to access or configure it after flashing.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, very helpful.

I've actually been for flashing factory image for a couple of years now and haven't run into this issue before...

I'll post back soon with more info, cheers