WRT1900AC - Random reboots

not lately, not since .02 install

In general you shouldn't.. so that's good.

:thinking:

It seems likely you have some marginal hardware. I don't see others complaining about random reboots.

1 Like

By way of another data-point, things are running fine for me on a mamba with flowoffload, although I am on master. As I have not seen any other complaints regarding reboots I would have to say this appears to be a one-off. As suggested above have you been able to try a different power supply.

1 Like

Don't know what prices you're seeing, but it seems hard to beat the refurb price on amazon for the WRT32X $105 or so.

1 Like

no i must have missed that post (recommending the new psu).

Some of the packages you have installed would indicate you may be using the USB ports which can potentially mean a higher draw. You might want to try a higher spec psu.

1 Like

ya, i have 2x 5tb drives hooked into a powered usb hub so it "shouldnt" effect things but maybe it is.

if I go with the wrt32x that dlakelan is suggesting would you also recommend an upgraded psu?

how do i know what psu to get? same voltage higher amps?

I'm currently using a 12v6a psu on a mamba (just because I had it sitting around), as the psu that came with the mamba is being used by a rango at the moment; which for the rango would be a higher spec psu than what comes in the box.

This begs the question though, is samba or other things working overtime when you experience the reboot.

If you are in the US check if linksys has refurb units, usually a good price.

1 Like

its really hard to say. it has happen while watching movies via minidlna to my tv (across the network), it has happened while running my backup (rsync from 1 usb to the other). but at the same time it happens in the middle of the night occasionally so its hard to pin down

is that plug pretty universal, do you think this one will work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-6A-72W-Power-Supply-AC-to-DC-Adapter-for-5050-3528-Flexible-LED-Strip-Light/111579878182?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D7b167bcc44d14733954dc971911b4017%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D111579878182%26itm%3D111579878182&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Aab95c0ef-33c6-11e9-998d-74dbd1804635|parentrq%3A029340b01690aa411671ca64ffe198ad|iid%3A1

do you have 1 or more usb drives plugged in?

i think i might try upgrading the psu first but ya those 32X's look nice i think i will get one even if the psu fixes the issue (maybe the upgraded psu will work for both)

I don't recall the barrel size offhand (2.1 or maybe 2.5 mm). No, I do not have anything connected to the USB ports, so that psu I'm using is capable of more than needed.

1 Like

i think in the mean time; while i wait for the psu
ill try Davidc502 build of lede
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/

pretty cool build, already has most of the packages i use loaded! except for minidlna and transmission; which makes sense.
i do feel like im going backwards though, because of the merge

I think David builds from the most recent snapshot, his site lists kernel 4.14.98 as the one in use right now, so you'll be on the latest Openwrt.

1 Like

that is correct, thanks

holy moly
just got 105mb/s on a lan (Ethernet) file transfer; steady too! Previous transferred maxed out at 70
idk whats in these Davidc builds but i like
so far no reboots, if this keeps up ill be so happy

so far no reboots!!!!
im going to mark this as solved (using the davidc build fixed it)

Some followup questions if anyone has time/desire

when lede and openwrt merged is it the kernal that is now shared between them?

what is this layer above the kernal generically called (lede/openwrt)? is this the "flavor"? as in "flavor of linux"...

I thought after the merge that lede would be gone, hence my "step back" comment. But i guess not.

In practice the LEDE source code was renamed as OpenWrt.

(And the old stale Openwrt source code that had not been developed for two years was abandoned, only some individual commits were imported to LEDE sources)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.