WRT1200AC V2 unstable / no routing

Hi,
I own two linksys WRT1200AC V2 routers, both are unusable with LEDE-Openwrt.
I'm trying to set them up as dumb APs, that should be an easy task and I've already done that several times at home/work without any issue, yet with these routers I can't get anything working properly.

With the lastest stable release (17.something) both router reboot after a dozen of minutes, and when they are up I can't get any packet through the wireless interfaces. I can connect an android device to the wifi network but DHCP from the main router won't go through the AP. If I set up a static IP on the android device, I can't even ping the AP. Anyway, routing or not, both routers can't stay up for more than half an hour, after that they fall into a boot loop and the only way to get them back is to switch them off, wait an hour, and they'll boot back on their original firmware after that.

With davidc502 builds the router are a bit more stable (say an hour) but they still don't route anything and end up rebooting anyway.

With the latest snapshot the routers don't even stay up long enough to install luci.

If I had only one router affected I would blame the hardware, but I have two of them and I really don't know what's going on.

Any ideas ?
Thanks.

Does this topic match your issue? WRT1200AC V2 reboot in a loop and crash when hot

1 Like

Unfortunately yes... What a shame for linksys ! I bought these to be sure to get well supported and thoroughly tested hardware, it looks like it'll be the last time I buy something from them.
Thanks for your answer, at least now I know what to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.