Wrong files in the sources.cdn.openwrt.org

For pciutils and usbip, there are no pci.ids and usb.ids files in site:sources.cdn.openwrt.org. But, both pci.ids.0.324 and usb.ids.0.318 do exist, can someone correct this? rename files and drop version info. thanks!

And the file board.bin. in sources.cdn.openwrt.org with a wrong suffix dot.

By the way, all above files can be download from githubusercontent.com.

They are not wrong files.
It is intended that the version is shown in the filename, so that a specific version can be downloaded.

The Makefile adjusts the filename on source download, and contains logic to rename the file again during the package build process.

(The files in the sources site are not meant to be used by themselves.)

1 Like

The variable URL_FILE has high priority above FILE, so download.pl will get $URL_FILE from the sources.cdn.openwrt.org,this will fail.

Then, it will get the $URL_FILE from GITHUB source successfully.

1. define Download/pci_ids
  2. FILE:=$(PCI_IDS_FILE)
  3. URL_FILE:=pci.ids
  4. URL:=@GITHUB/vcrhonek/hwdata/v$(PCI_IDS_VER)
  5. HASH:=6dba287b4aaafb9582d6139eda22ee6580651b8557828b9598d99078a5f4217e
  6. endef

Below is the script/download.pl, curl will download $url_filename, it is pci.ids not pci.ids.0.324.

my $url_filename;
my $target = glob(shift @ARGV);
my $filename = shift @ARGV;
my $file_hash = shift @ARGV;
$url_filename = shift @ARGV unless $ARGV[0] =~ /:\/\//;

$url_filename or $url_filename = $filename;

My download log shows this:

SHELL= flock /home/kai/work/openwrt/tmp/.pci.ids.0.324.flock -c '       /home/kai/work/openwrt/scripts/download.pl "/home/kai/work/openwrt/dl" "pci.ids.0.324" "6dba287b4aaafb9582d6139eda22ee6580651b8557828b9598d99078a5f4217e" "pci.ids" "@GITHUB/vcrhonek/hwdata/v0.324"    '
+ curl -f --connect-timeout 20 --retry 5 --location --insecure https://sources.cdn.openwrt.org/pci.ids
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--     0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 
Download failed.
+ curl -f --connect-timeout 20 --retry 5 --location --insecure https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vcrhonek/hwdata/v0.324/pci.ids

There is differents between GITHUB and Openwrt Source in naming for pci.ids, The GITHUB puts it under version directory, but Openwrt suffix it with version string.