TL-WR840N V5 Cant save OpenWrt Setting

when i select 512 and select all and delete , the file size get 0 byte !!

Perhaps you should try my instructions instead of - deleting per your own directive:

As I stated - I just tested these steps - I selected the first 512 bytes of a file and simply selected CUT. The first 512 bytes disappear; and I did a SAVE AS. Not hard.

HOW TO SELECT FIRST 512 BYTE ?
can you screen shot what are you doing ?

Perhaps you should take a step back and familiarize yourself with your tools (and the reason why the file needs to be stripped and what that entails) first; whatever you do, the resulting file size must be exactly identical to the corresponding OpenWrt factory image (or you've done something wrong). Keep in mind, if you do it wrong, there is a high chance to brick your device permanently, so you really should take your time trying to understand what you're doing, instead of rushing things.

2 Likes

Step 1 - select first 512 bytes

Step 2 - cut

Step 3 - Save as

finnaly i do it with kali linux

let me upgrade it to last version and say the result

1 Like

replace this text with file name of what you downloaded for example
TL-WR840Nv5_EU_0.9.1_3.16_up_boot[171211-rel58800].bin

and replace

tp_recovery.bin

problem solved
cut it with linux
and re flash it
everything is ok
thank you all again

1 Like

This has already been reported:

See also

2 Likes

If you squeeze it? Double up!

Well, you could run it Linux commands in Windows by installing a Linux distro for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).

can u make a tutorial how to cut first 512 bytes from a bin file it will help a lot i also want to revert to stock firmwere using wxhex editor

See the post above.

This device is NOT RECOMMENDED for future use with OpenWrt due to low flash/ram.

dd if=oldfile of=newfile skip=1

how to fix this

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+up+hard+disk+space+windows

(If you're having general computer problems, you may wish to ask in a Windows forum.)

i have ton of free space

Done revert to stock firmware thnx @lleachii for that tutorial

1 Like