WNDR3700v4 wifi issue

No. With SQM i configure 86000 kbit and i get ~83000 kbit

But i can't get that speeds on wifi. 5 GHZ is even worse then 2.4

I don't think SQM is the root of the issue...

I notice you have additional wireless configuration options that may or may not be a problem.

Note which packages you have installed yourself.

Then, I would suggest going into LuCI > System > Backup/Flash Firmware > Backup/Restore and Reset to defaults.

Then, reconfigure from scratch in LuCI.

I have built this firmware myself and i included all the packages i need. After week or two i update code and packages and build new firmware then flash it with save settings box checked so i do not have to reconfigure all the things. I have many configs adblock, openvpn, dnscrypt-proxy, dhcp, firewall, transmission and so on...

If there is no other option, i'll reset all settings after i backup them. I have many clients about 15 and i'll choose time when minimum clients will be using internet.

In that case, start with re-configuring 2.4 GHz with the basics.

However, if you have 15 clients using wireless when you're testing wireless speed, that would definitely impact throughput.

The network should be quiet when testing speed and bufferbloat.

1 Like

No i have 3 people on wireless including me. I test it when network is quiet. When no one is using wifi except me and overall are 3 clients connected by wire no more.

You're running transmission on your router? How do you know it's not uploading when you're testing? Since you have wired clients, the tests would be much more reliable if you exclude the internet from the equation and transferred a large file from one client attached to wireless to one on wired and measured the speed.

Do you have 15 or three devices connected to the router, disregarding whether they are wired or wireless?

1 Like

I always download only one file with transmission and when it's finished always delete it from transmission.

I have 15 devices connected to my internet overall (this WNDR3700v4 is my main router).

You need to disconnect all other devices when testing. Change the wireless password or unplug the ethernet cable, so it's just one device. Otherwise you can't be sure whether any other device is down/uploading, which will affect your speed test speed.

1 Like