WLAN LAN Bridge not working

I'm new so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I need some help. I've been running Chaos Calmer 15.05 on an old MI424WR Rev. D for about a year now. The only problem I've had with it is that traffic from the WLAN cannot reach the LAN, and vice versa. Clients are still able to connect to the internet, so I kinda just lived with it. Now, I want to turn it into a dumb AP, so I need traffic from the LAN to be able to reach the WLAN. I've followed the docs here, but I still have no success. I've been through my configuration multiple times, but maybe I'm just missing something?

Here is my /etc/config/network

config interface 'loopback'
        option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config interface 'lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'
        option delegate '0'
        option igmp_snooping '0'
        option ifname 'eth0 eth1'
        option ipaddr '10.0.0.2'
        option gateway '10.0.0.1'
        option dns '10.0.0.1'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fdb8:25ff:9441::/48'

and my /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0'
        option txpower '30'
        option country 'US'
        option channel '1'

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option mode 'ap'
        option encryption 'none'
        option ssid 'Wi-Fi Test'
        option network 'lan'

And obviously the firewall has been disabled. I should also mention that I added the WAN interface (eth1) to the lan bridge, but that also has the same problem where traffic won't reach the LAN ports.

Any thoughts?

I'm replying to my own message as I've found a solution. In the past I attempted to upgrade to OpenWRT 17.01 "Reboot", but it didn't boot and I had to roll back to 15.05 Chaos Calmer. However, I just updated the firmware to 18.06.0 using RedBoot and a TFTP server, and it booted successfully. In addition, the bridge also functions correctly, so I can use it as a dumb AP. If anyone has a similar problem running OpenWRT 15.05 on the MI424WR and experiencing a faulty bridge interface, consider upgrading to the latest supported version. Keep in mind you will need to reconfigure the router as updating via RedBoot overwrites the config files. I recommend making a backup in Luci beforehand and using an archive reader (e.g. 7zip) to copy the necessary configurations you need.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.