WL-WN570HA1 need to revert bootloader

wavlinks fw for WN570HA1 does not allow setting local ip. the fw sucks.

the hw is available from several vendors:
IntelliNet 525824
MECO-WN570HA1
ThinkMart-AP600
Youtop WRD15
I think it is made by winstar (ac600)
I am using the firmware from Thinkmart. Funky front end but it works.
Just if you change anything, you gotta check all your settings with this fw.
http://www.youtoptech.cn/drivers/AP600_New_Firmware_20171217.zip
manual:

hello, for the firmware you need to send a email to daisy@wavlink.com , asking for the correct version of the firmware

How did you upgrade from RPT70HA1.V4300.171128 to RPT70HA1.V4300.190220?

What's up guys, I got the latest firmware version of this antenna, as follows:

Can't get that firmware from a link. Can you please reupload it somewhere. If you still have it :slight_smile:

Download link is now available here: https://openwrt.org/toh/wavlink/wavlink_wl-wn570ha1

Sorry. Seems I replied to a wrong message. I was looking for original firmware. Not openwrt.

I saw this message and wanted to get a firmware from it. but link doesn't work anymore:

"
wavlinks fw for WN570HA1 does not allow setting local ip. the fw sucks.

the hw is available from several vendors:
IntelliNet 525824
MECO-WN570HA1
ThinkMart-AP600
Youtop WRD15
I think it is made by winstar (ac600)
I am using the firmware from Thinkmart. Funky front end but it works.
Just if you change anything, you gotta check all your settings with this fw.
http://www.youtoptech.cn/drivers/AP600_New_Firmware_20171217.zip "

I would be also very appreciated for an instructions how to roll back to original firmware. I need very basic usage of that router. Openwrt a bit complicated for me.

Please refer to the page I mentioned. In particular:

Factory U-boot launches a TFTP client if reset button is pressed during power-on.
Rename the ... file to firmware.bin and configure TFTP as follows:

• Server IP: 192.168.10.100
  • Filename: firmware.bin

Thank you.

I've got firmware from support team over email. Now I need install it. Can I do it through openwrt web interface (there is an option in settings. smth like "install firmware") ? or should I do it only over tftp?

You should use tftp as it was described. Download link is available on the page I mentioned, it is not necessary to request it somewhere.

Thank you for your answer. I've google the process. I think now I am ready for tftp process. thank you.

About firmware.
version from the downloadable link is:

WN570HA1-A1-RPT70HA1.V4300.200716-WEBC.zip

Support sent me this version:

WN570HA1-A1-R70HA1_v1410_210329-webc.bin

What is your suggestion? What are differences between those and which firmware should I use?

I'm surprised they didn't updated their download page with a new version. Then I suggest to use the latest. It will be nice if you could share this newest version :wink:

Sure. Here is link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LnQVXVdM4kKq1VxCzIPQmX1jZ1SJrm9M/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your advises!

1 Like

I might need your advice. I tried to follow this step:
" Factory U-boot launches a TFTP client if reset button is pressed during power-on"
But after that router runs normally. It seems it totally ignores reset button. Is there any ideas about that?

Try to hold the button a bit longer. Note that you need to press the button before applying the power. Use an ethernet switch (if you have one) between your device and PC, that way PC's port will be always up. Check the log on the server side to see any activity from the client.

• I did hold button before applying power and after that around 30 seconds. What I've noticed, after connecting power it starts immediately. Power and wifi buttons flashes immediately. Usually, on other routers it takes a couple of seconds to start.
  • It has only one POC port and adapter with POC and LAN\Wan port. I am connecting my laptop through LAN\WAN port of adapter. Router connected with power adapter through POC connector.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.