Wirelessly connect to another Wi-Fi network as a client (v19.07.7)

I need help for figuring out how to connect to a Wi-Fi network as a client (I do not want the devices from OpenWrt to be able to communicate with the primary Wi-Fi's devices other than simply having internet connection).

I found a few tutorials showing how to do this but they're all outdated.

With OpenWrt 19.07.7 - I can't seem to find where you can search for other Wi-Fi networks in range to connect too.

The tutorials I found are based on v17 ... and i tried to enter the same address from one of the tutorial's screenshot into my web browser's address bar ("router-ip"/cgi-bin/luci/admin/network/wireless_join) but that didn't work at all.

tried following this tutorial "https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/connect_client_wifi" but there's no wifi scan button or anything...

There's a few steps missing that aren't specifically detailed for being able to have the Wi-Fi scanning option.

Network->wireless->scan->join

You can also ssh to your router and run

root@wr1043nd:~# iwinfo wlan0 scanning

When you find ESSID of your network, you can then edit /etc/config/wireless

root@wr1043nd:~# vi /etc/config/wireless

and there update accordingly (press key a for append mode)

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'sta' # *** note sta instead of ap - station mode
        option ssid '***youressid***'
        option encryption 'psk2+ccmp' # change if you have different
        option key '***yourkey***'
        option wds '1' # this might be necessary if your ap is also openwrt and has wds enabled (you can bridge both netwroks)

press :wq enter to save editted text

When I go into Network/Wireless...

It brings me to the page where I see both of my Wi-Fi radios (5Ghz) (2.4Ghz)
And I already got 1x access point configured under the 5Ghz one, plus I also already have a few access point configured under the 2.4Ghz one too.

So, with that being said (having several access point that I configured already), would that be the reason as to why I don't see the "scan" button that many places seems to suggest? because I just don't see the scan button at all

I prefer OpenWrt... but this specific reason here is the only reason why I somewhat like DD-Wrt as for how easier it seems to be (unless if it's just me that's just unable to see it?)

The lines in Wireless Overview that describe a radio have three buttons "Restart", "Scan" and "Add." The lines that describe an interface have three buttons "Disable", "Edit" and "Remove."

The first line thus will be radio0 and have a scan button as the blue one in the center. If it is a dual band router there will be another line further down for the second radio.