Hello everyone. I am a new member and I would like to switch from my current router which a Netgear R6700v3 to a router that I can flash OpenWRT on. Please see my settings/specs and requirements for my network below.
I would really appreciate inputs from the experienced members that will help me find a router that meets all of the following:
- Location: USA
- ISP: Comcast/xfinity
- Bandwidth : 1 Gigabit
- Current maximum speed with my current router ( Netgear R6700v3) is between 800Mbps to 920Mbps
- Supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- 3 to 4 Ethernet ports
- Most supported by OpenWRT in every way; processor, wifi chip, bootloader, RAM, Flash size ( i do not want to be limited in the future to limited NAND or RAM size)
- Easy to flash OpenWRt with GUI and LuCI pre-installed and ready to go.
- Works with pihole installed on Raspberry pi without complications and tedious back and forth setting adjustments on the router to get it to work. ( It was a nightmare when I tried to use pihole on a raspberry pi 3 with DD-WRT on Netgear R6700v3)
- Gigabit throughput capability is very important.
- I have a NAS currently attached to my current router to one of the Ethernet ports. So wireless transfer speed on the local network is very important.
- Price is not an issue. I am not looking for something cheap.
Any recommendation that checks all of the above would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.