Wireguard VPN DHCP Lease Renew Issue

I've set up an OpenWRT router just recently, and it works very smoothly on default settings.
It also seems to work more or less properly once I set up a Wireguard client interface and connect it to one of Mullvad's servers.
However, my ISP seems to be issuing 10 minute long leases for the IPs they assign to me, and for some reason, my renew broadcasts don't reach the gateway when the VPN is enabled, so the connection drops for a few seconds every 10 minutes as it has to restart.

daemon.notice netifd: wan (2282): udhcpc: sending renew to server <gateway>
daemon.notice netifd: wan (2282): udhcpc: broadcasting renew
daemon.notice netifd: wan (2282): udhcpc: lease lost, entering init state

I understand that the issue must be coming from the firewall rules, specifically the 'Allow-DHCP-Renew' default traffic rule, but none of the many things I've tried changing in it or any other rules seem to work. Has anybody else faced the issue before? Any general tips that you'd advise? Thanks in advance!

If you have the modem bridged (so the DHCP server is at the ISP, not in a private wan network), you'll need to add a /32 route to the DHCP server.

The VPN client doesn't care at all about double NAT so another option may be to unbridge the modem.