Wireguard site-to-site, ping from the routers doesn't work

Hello,
I have two sets of
Fritzbox 7530 as ISP Router --Fritzbox 4020 with OpenWRT

and I wanted to make FB4020_1 and FB4020_2 ping each other somehow. I thought that site-to-site Wireguard is going to help with it, so I l followed

and it seems I'm successful with it. However I noticed that it didn't help my original purpose of making the routers ping each other: I can ping both routers from my laptop in whichever site, but ping from the routers doesn't work. I found this posting:

The setting seems a bit different, but I figured that I have to give IP addresses to the wireguard interfaces, so I did, and added them to the allowed IP list. But it still didn't help....

I'm not interested in site-to-site vpn as such, I just need the routers to ping each other as a "sign of life" monitor (I would get an email if it fails). Because of double NAT, ping-alert using public IP doesn't help. I would appreciate if someone could please tell me what to do....

Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru

From both FB4020

@trendy Thank you for your reply!

Somehow I didn't get notified that you posted a reply a lot earlier (usually I get an email, but this time I didn't) so I was sweating meanwhile.... I tried various things, and I think I reverted all of them, but now, I can ping from one router to the other. (and other devices in the same subnet) I don't know what happened to make it work.... perhaps it was a matter of restarting something again, I don't know..... I think I really reverted everything new I tried, after following the wiki instruction.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.