WireGuard client manage via LuCI - messy

Version: LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch (git-20.272.48698-9883bb3) / OpenWrt 19.07.4 r11208-ce6496d796

I would like to suggest a refactor of WireGuard client management in LuCI. Honestly, it's a mess how it's currently implemented. The current solution may seem ok if you have one or two clients. But when you have 10+ it's very disconcerting.

I would like to see something like a "WG Clients" under "Network" that lists the clients out and permits editing them individually. A little bit more structured and clean.

2 Likes

This may be related to the underlying UCI implementation:

Can't you just do this by editing the interface and then going to the peers tab?

Can't you just do this by editing the interface and then going to the peers tab?

How many clients do you have, one? Add 20 of them and come back to me. You'll then see how poorly the implementation is and how difficult it is to organize and manage.

I have 8 or 9 and have no problems managing them through the peers tab.

How exactly would your proposed 'WG clients' tab differ from the peers tab? What are the actual current issues you face (rather than simply declaring it a mess)?

How exactly would your proposed 'WG clients' tab differ from the peers tab? What are the actual current issues you face (rather than simply declaring it a mess)?

A cleaner, more organized interface similar to how Network -> Hostnames is managed. Perhaps a Network -> WireGuard Clients (or WireGuard Peers).