Wired bridge? What do I need and how to do it?

Router #1 Zyxel Keenetic 2 with keenetic OS, it has LTE modem and internet.
Router #2 is D-Link DIR-300, it has OpenWRT.

I want to connect Router #1 and Router #2 with CAT 5e cable, and I want Router #2 to be on same subnet as Router #1. Is that doable? Can you give me link to guide or explain to be the gist of it, if it's something simple?

Then, after I connect Router #2 to Router #1 and Router #1 has the DHCP server, I want to just create WiFi network with same SSID and password as on the main router, so that clients can roam when they go from one room to another. I also want DHCP on Router #1 to give out IPs, because I want this WiFi network to also be on same subnet as Router #1. Is that possible?

Please refer to https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/dumbap

3 Likes

Router #2 is very outdated WiFi n 1x1 hardware, looks like you have already missed at least 5 years of OpenWRT updates and important security fixes, as the old hardware cannot run newer releases anymore. LEDE V17?

There is also a chance that the current documentation does not match the old version anymore in some details. You might need to improvise, if the descriptions does not fully match your older GUI.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.