Wifi Scheduler app not working

Hello,
Looking for some help. I recently upgraded a few weeks back from another version of 18.06, and my wifi schedule is no longer turning off the radios on the schedule I had them set to do so.

Ive went as far as completely reinstalling the OS, deleting all the config files and re installing the scheduling apps, but nothing works.

I noticed there are two apps that have similar names, the one called wifischedule installs, but the services tab that the program is under in the GUI does not. When I install the other program, which is luci-app-wifischedule, I get the services tab, but it still does not work. Both are currently installed on my router. Should they both be installed? What am i doing wrong?

Both packages are needed if you want a GUI. Are you using 18.06.2?
Take a look at system log and turn on logging or vice versa ;- )

It works, it's just a little finicky and you may have to click Save & Apply a couple of times for your settings to take affect. To check if your settings have been enabled you can check Cron Jobs in Luci > Services > Wifi Schedule > View Cron Jobs or Luci > System > Scheduled Tasks and you should see something like this -

00 01 * * Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri /usr/bin/wifi_schedule.sh forcestop
00 02 * * Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri /usr/bin/wifi_schedule.sh start

Thank you both for the replies. Yes I have logging on, it shows stop, start, and my heretofore lately manual stops and starts yet the wifi is still on. What could it be? The router is served by an NTP server that I host, showing the correct time. I only say that because I had an issue before with the entire OS where if the time wasnt syncing with a device on my network, it wasnt keeping time and throwing the schedule off. I have it installed as a dumb wifi switch with a static IP. I dont think any of that makes a difference though...

@ mike I think this might have been it honestly, Ill know in a few hours. Why though? Why have to set config 4-5 times to make it stick?

I don't know, apps can just be a little quirky sometimes, I went ahead and made a bug report.

Thanks Mike
Unfortunately, it didnt work. It did copy the cron to scheduled tasks and the log says its turning off and on but its not.

Device and OS version?

Its a linksys WRT1200AC v2 and
OpenWrt 18.06.2 r7676-cddd7b4c77 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.020.41695-6f6641d)

And it did work for well over a year...

Maybe someone can test this minimal fix: https://github.com/openwrt/luci/pull/2632/commits/5a2628e182ee87edaea8a6dc6743df15694a55b1 ... please reset your LuCI caches before testing (rm -rf /tmp/luci-*).

Thanks!

2 Likes

@dibdot has fixed the Save & Apply bug if you want to apply it to your wrt1200, I'm also on a wrt1200 (v1) and it is bringing wifi down on mine fwiw, here's the path to the file that needs changing -

/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/wifischedule/wifi_schedule.lua

thank you! its funny tonight it actually worked and shut off as planned when I was in the middle of a business call. I do appreciate the path name and Ill def. use it if I encounter any further issues.

Thanks to you all!