WIFI noise LEDE 17.1.04

Hi Am using a WRT1900ACS router . I have flashed the unit first with 15.05 openwrt and all was well. Its new unit so decided to go for the latest LEDE 17.1.0.4 and now am on it LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.290.79498-d3f0685) .
The thing is with the default settings on WIFI there is alot of high noise when i see the live graphs. This was not the case when i was on the old FW . Any idea ? I havent installed any package on the router yet. I am planning to use openvpn server/client later after I solve this issue . Then discover other packages and so on. I am new to openwrt .

Do not overestimate the precision or even basic validity of those statistics, give it an actual real-world throughput test instead. mwlwifi as a whole is still a relatively new driver and there have been lots of changes, while most of them are more targetted towards the newer devcies (like in the wrt3200acm), testing the updates (be it via master snapshots or the inofficial backport packages for 17.01.4) would be worth a chance, just don't fall for the number's game.

1 Like

OOTB mwlwifi is quite out of date on current stable, see pre-compiled mwlwifi to get latest.