WiFi connection becomes unresponsive

Soo.. I've bought a NeWiFi D2 and flashed it with OpenWrt 19.07.3. Everything is just fine and dandy, but I've noticed WiFi connections becoming unresponsive.

I have a NUC set up as home server, connected via 2.4G WiFi, and while it stays connected, I suddenly can't access it anymore until I disconnect it from the router (disconnect function in OpenWrt). It can happen at any time, sometimes a few minutes after the initial connection, sometimes after 12 hours or so. It also happens to my mobile phones I think, but it's not as noticeable because they'll just switch to mobile data.

I haven't done much in terms of configuring the router, but I've played around a bit with the WiFi settings, to no avail. 5G isn't working properly either, but I've just disabled it for now.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestion. Can provide you with logfiles or whatever you need.

Thanks a ton
Oli

I've had this before on older versions of OpenWRT. I was able to restart it using the wifi command. I happened once or twice a day, so I set up a cron job to just restart wifi at 7AM and 7PM, and actually still use that on all routers and that works fine. Perhaps this works for you, too.

• Menno
1 Like

Thanks for this, will test it.

Would love to get to the core of the issue though.