WiFi bridge -- no DHCP

What's up. My router DIR-300NRU (b5), OpenWRT - openwrt-18.06.9-ramips-rt305x-dir-300-b7-squashfs-sysupgrade

Basically, using these instrucitons ( https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration ) I created a WiFi bridge. My DIR-300NRU with OpenWRT ip 172.16.30.1 connects to my primary router Keenetic II (keenetic OS) ip 172.16.0.1..... Bridge WORKS, and I can browse the internet and pring IPs on 172.16.0.0/24 network...... But only if I manually set IP address on my computer to 172.16.0.something and gateway and DNS to 172.16.0.1.... Otherwise, DHCP gives me IP from 172.16.30.0/24 and I can not reach internet or my 172.16.0.0/24 network.....

I tried monkeying around, it's 2nd day I'm monkeying around with settings. I give up. I realize I need help. So this is why I'm here. Help me, lul!

Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru

Did you disable the DHCP server on the 172.16.30.1 router as quoted in the relayd wiki page?

• Disable DHCP for the LAN interface (as it does prevent relayd from working).

Okey guys. Thank you. I got it working, and it was half working. The trick was that OpenWRT is buggy and relayd does not start after reboot. At least on my router and on my version of OpenWRT. Anyhow, I had two other routers laying around both Keenetic 1's, I installed DD-WRT on both of them and was setup and running in less than 10 minutes on each router........ Effectively extending my WiFi range throughout my house with two additional routers.

This router, DIR-300NRU (B5) I will be using for other things. With OpenWRT and WiFi bridge it just does not work the way it suppose to be working.

....If we continue digging here, we will arrive at already reported problem that relayd does not start automatically.... That in turn will result in advice on upgrading OpenWRT, which is not an option for this old router. So for it. But do remember, DIR-300NRU revison B5 does not work as WiFi bridge with OpenWRT firmware. For bridge either use stock D-Link firmware or PADAVAN firmware.