Why doesn't the FB messenger connection check pop up anymore when using a captive portal?

Any idea why doesn't the FB messenger connection check pop up anymore when using a captive portal? even though it checks for the portal.fb page each time the internet changes?

i want to get it to show back as it opens in the browser not the webview ( which doesn't support cookies and a lot of things the normal browser support) ... also there is no other way to get the browser to open from the webview other than this.

Looks like the client has detected the captive portal, I do not think you can solve this from the router.

You placed this phrase in your LONG title:

even though it checks for the portal.fb page each time the internet changes

I assume this means you are connected to many different routers, maybe even mobile....

So how is this OpenWrt related?

I don't think so either.

1 Like

Nope , the title limit didnt let me type the reset which is "even though it checks for portal.fb page each time the connection change"

It pings the connection check domain for fb ... so why doesn't pop that press here to finish connecting from messenger as it used to ?

As I wrote, it looks like the client does detect the portal. Whatever it does with that info depends on the application.

I suggest using the body of the posting next time - instead of the title.

Again, is this a button on the OpenWrt, or while connected to one?

I don't understand how this is related to OpenWrt yet...? :thinking:

1 Like

i am making a captive portal using dnsmasq and ip tables and apache.

the application that i want the "click here to finish connecting" to show up from is FB messenger... as it used to do this a while ago and now it don't.