Who is our Audience? Who uses (will use) LEDE?

I'm using it to enhance functionality of a cheap little arduino compatible devkit and will likely be getting a few VoCore units for smaller sized projects. (A mesh networked HVAC sense/control system is something I'm looking at)

@rszasz
How will you secure the HVAC? You don't want the NSA to tinker with your HVAC when you are on holiday. :slight_smile: I bet the NSA is going to enjoy the Internet of Toys if it is not being secured, Or worse, being 'secured' in a political correct manner that only looks good on paper.

I'm looking at another domotica style solution sensors that can be reached over the net, I hope to use TOR as hidden service to hide the device.

Dude, if you're on holiday and they can gain physical access to your toys, all bets are off! On a serious note, there're reasonable steps to be taken and then there's paranoid and living in the cave.

Reasonable steps would include not opening extra ports on your router 24/7, using WPA2 with a hard to guess key, etc. Being paranoid would involve not using WiFi at all (they can crack your WPA2) and using certificates on each device (they can clone your MAC) on a non-classified home network.

If you don't want to expose/open ports on your router -- use VPN (or zero-config VPN like NeoRouter/Hamachi they are applicable).

We're getting dangerously OT here tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if your post and my reply to it were removed.

Well, it is a fact that our bureaucrats are now IoT paranoid. In the Netherlands there are political disscussions about limiting IoT and other backwards stuff.

So it would be better to make IoT flippin secure so that there is no way for politicians to break the security and make it less secure with 'security features'

please use a translation tool to read it in your favorite language.

This is still being pushed to allow the police to hack peoples PC's and make use of backdoors. etc..
I know it is 2 different issues, but if we can make a secure IoT, Then the bureaucrats don't have to make things secure in their insecure way of doing things...

:slight_smile: