Which VPN protocol is best?

I am fresh vpn user and basically I use pptp protocol for streaming. On last weekend with my friends, I was using Facebook from my smartphone. In a while my smartphone is going hacked and all data that already stored in my phone was too. At that time, I said "What the fuck is this" but one of my friend suggest me to don't use PPTP because it has zero level security.

Now, I have 3 different protocols option like l2tp, ikev2 and openvpn. Can anyone guide me which one is best for all purposes.

Thank You

Why do you think using a vpn will stop your smartphone being hacked?

2 Likes

I mean, hacker has hacked all my data. Now my device is working properly but I cautious to use any social media and text app on public wifi.

Recently I read about l2tp, ikev2 and openvpn. l2tp and ikev2 use ipsec for encrypted the data but Openvpn uses SSL. I especially read comparison of SSL and IPsec from different guides like

So, what do you think IPsec or SSL?

1 Like

It is more possible that you opened some fishy link or downloaded a malicious file and got hacked, rather than someone was able to break the encryption between your phone and the server.

2 Likes

might be possible.

or might not be possible.

Hahaha:grin::grin::grin::grin:

More matters on cipher, key exchange, and peer authentication as far as security goes than the on-paper protocol.

Add in that you’re trusting an end point being run by somebody else with a commercial service.

Yes some supposed VPNs suck, but IPSec, OpenVPN, and WireGuard can all be.deployed and used reasonably securely (nothing is “totally” secure).

2 Likes