Which file to use to upgrade AR750s

Hello,

I haven't updated the firmware for some time and forgot which file I needed to use. From what I gather I need one of the following files from this link:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.5/targets/ath79/nand/

glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-initramfs-kernel.bin
glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-nand-initramfs-kernel.bin
glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-nand-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

But which one?

Also, can I directly upgrade from my version 19.07.6 to the current one 22.03.5?

You can safely use sysupgrade of the same type as you use now.
For nor to nand migration you better search forum for instructions.

I've used a generic one before. So does that leave glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin?

Please see GL-AR300M and GL-AR750S NAND Support (ath79)

How do I find out which one is my case:

From a NOR-based image on a device with NAND flash

or

From an OEM image on GL-AR750S

I guess you have NOR-based image, but I expect the owner knows better.

1 Like

How do I find out?

There a few options available, but probably the simple one is to open https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/ and see that it was no NAND variant of this device in 19.07.6

OK. Part 1 worked. I managed to flash with openwrt-22.03.5-ath79-nand-glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

The only thing I had trouble with was /etc/config/luci - it kept giving me an error /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:431: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section 'main'

So I had to flash again this time without keeping the settings, then download /etc/config/luci from the new clean flash, then upload my backup and replace my luci with the new clean one and then reboot.

Now the second part is to upgrade to the NAND image:

You don't need to keep settings and/or manually upload and replace any files. Make a clean install.

I have wireguard and some services configured so it's more convenient to keep settings instead of configuring everything again.

OK. Part 2 is also done - I now have NAND successfully flashed. Thanks for your support!