Where is the WRT1200AC's switch's driver code?

I has download the 15.05 version and want to compile for wrt1200ac。
But can't find the marvell 88e6176(switch chip)'s driver code。
any one know this?
thanks!

I think you’re looking for “mvneta”

I don't think that's the correct mvneta.c file, as it's for the Armada XP & 370s, of which the WRT1200AC is a 385 (unless there's been a newer version released that uses the 370 SoC, and if so, I need to add that to the wiki).

CC && the 1200? Not sure what it looked like back then, but by way of a hint on a current tree:

build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.14.11/net/switchdev

Ahh yep oversight by me. I think you’re correct.

thans for reply!
I have find the switch's driver code.
my method:
1)the code must be in the kernel
2)find the dts file,in 'build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-3.18.75/arch/arm/boot/dts'
./armada-385-linksys.dtsi: compatible = "marvell,88e6176";
3)use the keywords ‘marvell,88e6176’ can find the driver code in 'driver' path
./net/phy/mvsw61xx.c: { .compatible = "marvell,88e6176" }

another question:drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvneta.c . which cpu use this file?

Kconfig
config MVNETA
_ tristate "Marvell Armada 370/38x/XP network interface support"_
_ depends on PLAT_ORION_

Makefile
obj-$(CONFIG_MVNETA) += mvneta.o

i think this file can use for all 370/38x/XP.

i have another question:
make menuconfig is for the global config.make kernelconfig is for the kernle.how can i do the kernel config only in menuconfig?
make menuconfig can config kmod, What is the relationship between the kmod and the kernel?

Kconfig
config MVNETA
_ tristate “Marvell Armada 370/38x/XP network interface support”_
_ depends on PLAT_ORION_

Makefile
obj-$(CONFIG_MVNETA) += mvneta.o

i think this file can use for all 370/38x/XP.

I was only going off the header info =]

Is it normal for files, drivers or otherwise, on recent devices to have a copyright far older than the device (2012, WRT1200 was released ~2015)?

switch driver code is in LEDE/OpenWrt's source repo under target/linux/generic/files/drivers/net/phy/mvsw61xx.c

This differs from the mainline Linux driver which uses DSA. Unfortunately DSA does not support multiple CPU ports, making it unusable by LEDE/OpenWrt.

1 Like