Whats wrong? Documentation or Firmware for GS108T V3

Hello,

I just upgraded my 3 Netgear GS108TV3 to 22.03.0. The main reason for doing so was the documentation for the GS108TV3 .

But I found that the LED's are not woking as expected. Only the power LED is working now.

So the question is, what is wrong?

The doc's ? Then it should be changed to:
"You may observe the power LED is working correctly in 22.03."

Or is it firmware bug?
Then the bug has to be documented.

Henning

The LEDs are working as expected, insofar that the port LEDs are just not supported at this moment. It even says so at the top of the wiki page, just under the table of supported devices.

1 Like

@svanheule
First of all, thank you for your work and the clarifying answer.

I am aware that at the beginning of the wiki page it says that the port LEDs are not supported. But if you read the page from top to bottom as a unbiased user, you can get the impression that this has changed with firmware 22.03.

The Wiki entry is talking about workuing LEDs in 22.03. So from more than only a single LED.
But as we have learned now, it is actually only the "Power/Status LED" that is visible from the outside.
Of course, the power/status LED can visualize different states with the help of colors and flashing frequencies.
However, whether there are actually several LEDs in the housing or a single multicolor LED is not visible to the normal user.

With just a tiny adjustment in the wiki text, that would also be easy to present clearly and concisely...

I agree with Voltaire: "The better is the enemy of the good".

So why not change the wiki entry?

Maybe @marinmo can clarify what he meant when he was adding

You may observe the LEDs as they work correctly in 22.03.

to https://openwrt.org/toh/netgear/gs108t_v3#section2203

... Much later ... Yep, this is my bad; I should've clarified that it's the power LED that's working. My device was running 22.03-rc2 and the situation is the same as far as I can tell with 23.05-rc2. I'm good with anyone changing the wiki btw - my edits are not holy or otherwise untouchable :slight_smile: I did correct the information for now. The wiki on GS108T v3 is in a really unfortunate state right now since the device got initial support (21.03) with one configuration which changed until the next release (22.03). Now that 23.05 is in rc-stages, I'd suggest removing information from 21.03 and rewriting with information correct as of 23.05. I'd be willing to do the cleanup, if configuration is the same between 22.03 and 23.05.

Btw, if you need port information you can find it in LuCI under Network -> Interfaces -> Devices.