I want to try out captive portals on my OpenWrt in home environment and I would like to some guidance please.
I want to run the captive portal solely off the router itself and not have to rely on any back-end servers, devices etc. My router is Linksys WRT1900ACS v2 which has the following specifications:-
- 1.6 GHz dual-core processor
- 128MB Flash; 512MB DDR3 RAM
- x1 USB 2/eSATA
- x1 USB 3 port
Essentially I want have an open AP so when guests connect they will be prompted and redirected to a login page where they enter a username and password to gain access to the internet. On the first visit they will be prompted to sign-up and then any future occurrences they just login with the username and password.
Additional features I would like:-
- Instead of logging in with credentials (once initially signed-up) the user just enters a email of phone number and they receive a code they can enter to gain access
- Be able to easily revoke users
- Time limits - have to re-login to re-connect
Is any of this possible and how easy is it to setup if at all?
I have been looking at OpenNDS > https://opennds.readthedocs.io/en/v5.0.0/